1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

need I say more.....sheldon richardson is a beast

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jblaze2004, Feb 6, 2013.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,747 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    check him out vs griffins baylor team

A one man wrecking crew. He is too quick and powerful on the dline.

[youtube]fhX_bw1rBJw[/youtube]
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,066 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    Just a ridiculous athlete, I'm really curious to see what his 40 time is going to be. Obviously its impossible to actually tell by watching tape by I think it looks like hes got a shot to run a sub 4.8 40. And if he does that we can probably kiss him goodbye at 18, which will make me very sad. Probably my favorite prospect in this draft.
  3. jblaze2004

8,747 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    this is my fear also. He is going to shoot up draft boards once the combine and prodays are over with. He looks insanely quick.
  4. Cowboy_Ace

Cowboy_Ace Member

138 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I agree I love richardson... But the way I look at the draft is for everyone one that goes ahead of our pick someone has to drop... Glass half full kinda guy :)
  5. jblaze2004

8,747 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    yes as long as we don't end up with another barbie carpenter type player:laugh2:
  6. Cowboy_Ace

Cowboy_Ace Member

138 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Lmao -_- u had to go there punk! Haha maybe we'll get an awesome punter instead?
  7. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,018 Messages
    552 Likes Received
    Pure man crush on that guy.

Love how he drove RG3 into the ground on the read option.
  8. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,356 Messages
    762 Likes Received
    Floyd >>>>> Richardson

too bad Floyd will be drafted first, imo
  9. Cowboy_Ace

Cowboy_Ace Member

138 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Hey I love sharrif...admittedly I'm a gator fan (I live 30 min from gainesville), so I try to talk bout players from other teams cause I don't wanna come off to homerish haha, but overall id be elated with either
  10. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,963 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    I don't think we'll have a chance to get Richardson. He's way to athletic to make it to 18. I'd say he's a better prospect than Cox last year and he went before 15.

I was watching his highlights and the guy is so athletic I had to do a double take--I thought he was a linebacker.
  11. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,087 Messages
    5,410 Likes Received
    If his character issues check out, then he will get drafted before #18, IMO.

If his character issues don't check out, then the Cowboys won't draft him.
  12. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,695 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    I hope Richardson is there at 18.

He is pretty pure 3 IMHO and I am hoping that positional limit helps him reach 18.

I don't know that he'd be a good DE in the 3-4 because he wears down versus double teams.

Here we could lineup hatcher, richardson, ratliff, ware and have a really nasty foursome up front. crawford and lissemore backing them up. only need a speed rusher back up to ware.

Floyd is a lesser athlete but has greater positional flexibility imho. I hope he goes earlier because we really need Richardson here.
  13. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Yeah, I think (hope) Richardson might be there at #18 simply because he's going to be undervalued by 2 gap schemes. What a colossal waste of talent and athleticism to force this guy to play 5 tech (Darnell Dockett last year). The greatest risk with any draft pick are the "unknowns" that you have to project to the next level. There shouldn't be that many unknowns with Richardson. He plays 3 Tech in a Tampa system at Mizzou installed by Matt Eberflus, who should have good contacts left at Mizzou to get background on him. Should be a fairly easy transition for him.
  14. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,570 Messages
    1,427 Likes Received
    Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris
    "I've never graded an interior DL with a better motor than Richardson" @MoveTheSticks on the Mizzou DT: http://on.nfl.com/WVXKps
  15. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys scout say he is the best DT prospect since Warren Sapp, then the Cowboys will trade there 2nd round pick and move up to #10 and draft him.

Happened last year.:)
  16. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Floyd and Richardson are stars in this scheme.

I'm getting pretty close to wanting Floyd, Richardson, L. Johnson, Warmack or trade out unless an elite pass rush guy like Jarvis Jones slips.
  17. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,676 Messages
    2,204 Likes Received
    though it is being projected like this but i dont think 3 DTs go in the top 17 (Star, floyd, and richardson)

one of the latter 2 will be available and we better take him at 18 and not get cute
  18. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,066 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    I really think Floyd is our only shot. Star is a lock for the top 10 (if not top 5) and I think Richardson is going to blow up the combine to the point where he's out of reach of 18. I think if a few QB's go in the top 17 we have a real shot at Floyd at 18 though.
  19. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,963 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    This is exactly my list right now as well. In trade down scenario, I'd be looking at Fluker, Short, Cooper and Warford.
  20. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,963 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    That would be amazing. I can dream this will happen, until the combine and he blows up and goes in the top 10.