1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Need some advice...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by OldButDeadly, Jul 12, 2004.

1. OldButDeadly

OldButDeadly Bill's Waterboy

353 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    ...I may have messed up in my money league....but here it goes...

My top 10 picks WERE:

I traded my 12/29 picks for the 1 and 60 picks.

My question is this...what should I do with my first 5 picks?

I could go LT/Moss 1 and 9. If some other stud RB falls to 9, I would likely grab him.

Now...my most important pick is the 32. With the likes of Gonazalez/Horn/Coles/Smith (Carolina)/Barlow likely around...who would you pick??

At the 49 there will likely be players like Chambers/Kevin Jones/C Martin/C Garner (TB)

And at 52....maybe grab Mcnair or A Brooks?

Any advice you give will be well appreciated!

My league is a 10 player keeper/cap/contract league....

1 for 10 rushing/1 for 20 passing (Bonuses for 100....and long plays)

6 pts TD

We play D/ST

1QB
    2RB
    2WR
    1TE
    1D/ST
    6 Bench

Thanks Guys!

Kev
  2. OldButDeadly

353 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yall slow down with all the responses...sheesh...

/sarcasm

Kev
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,774 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received

Ok...I know the focus is on RBs in fantasy football...the better you are with the running backs...well the better you are :p

However if you can get both LT at RB and Moss at WR...then I personally would have to take it....there would have to be a hell of a RB left on the board after LT for me to pass on Moss or Harrison.

This would give you one of, if not the, best RB/WR combo in your fantasy league IMO.
  4. OldButDeadly

353 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    That is my thought as well paint....but what if Jamal Lewis was there at 9?? It has been said he will not get as many carries this year and he is slipping a bit
    on some mocks...I sure like the idea getting LT and Moss/Harrison...

But what about the 32nd pick BP?

Would you take a solid 2nd WR like Smith or Horn?? And then take a chance on
    Kevin Jones at the 49.

Thanks for the response BTW!

Kev
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,774 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received

There are plenty of good WRs....only a few that rank in the Class of Moss, Harrison and Holt...Owens is a hell of a WR but I look for his Fantasy numbers to go down some.

RBs you could get later are also decent...nothing as great as LT though....I think with the 29 you take the a good RB...however if there are a few good ones left and better WRs then take a WR and take a RB with the next pick (32nd)...that is if you are confident that there are at least 4 decent RBs left that can not be snapped up.

After that then you will have 2 WRs, 2 RBs...next take a decent QB OR....a Tony Gonzalez if he is there at TE.

If not then you can get a decent TE later...I think Alge Crumpler will have a good year.

Really just depends on who is left when you pick...but if you can get 2 good RBs and WRs (with one each being a great player)....then you got a hell of a deal ....you can get the decent QB and TE later.
  6. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,108 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Here is your layout, trust me, I am done with my research already.

1. Tomilson, he is the safest choice. If i had it however, id take alexander.

9. Moss. If he is gone Harrison, there, you got your combo

32. If hines ward is there get him. Chad johnson and coles are also good choices

with your next pick, you either get your qb or rb. I will be getting Julius jones around here, i think he will get the majority of the carries here, and wont be facing many great defenses....