1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NeonDeion's Final Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,540 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    I like most of this draft.

However, take an OG at 45 - can get a Pro Bowl player here - maybe Brandon Brooks or Silatolu.

With the second 2nd rounder go ahead and draft Boykin and not draft Charles. He is small and lacks elite athleticism. He is a H-back or big WR but without extra-ordinary athleticism like Gronk, AHern or Graham.

with the 3rd I'd be temped to go after Crick if he's still around. I like the Broyles pick, though.

In the 5th round I'd suggest taking a DL like Bequette or Akiem Hicks instead of a fringe QB prospect.
  2. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,124 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    I debated with myself about Hicks. I love him and how great of an athlete he is for a DT. I actually got to watch him play a few more games other than just the Shrine game. But, he has some character issues that led me to believe he won't be drafted by us.
  3. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,482 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    I really want a new DE, and my pet is L. James at RB and returner.....but you can't get everything.

I'd be happy with this draft.
  4. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,169 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I like this draft too. But, I just don't see us drafting a punter. I know we need one but we will more than likely go the FA route to fill that need and use the draft to fill our many holes on offense and defense. Great job though. I will be keeping this mock draft to compare with our actual draft and then rate them three years down the road.
  5. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,402 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    I would be doing cart wheels in the street if the draft played out like that.