1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NeonDeion's Mock Draft 2.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Apr 3, 2012.

1. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,119 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Dallas sends the #14 pick and #113 to Tennessee for #20 and #52.

#20 Peter Konz, C Wisconsin

[IMG]

#45 Brandon Boykin, CB Georgia

[IMG]

#52 Bruce Irvin, OLB West Virginia

[IMG]

#81 Ryan Broyles, WR Oklahoma

[IMG]

#135 B.J. Coleman, QB Tennessee Chattanooga

[IMG]

#152 Tank Carder, LB TCU

[IMG]

#186 Chris Rainey, RB/KR Florida

[IMG]

#222 Chase Ford, TE Miami

[IMG]
  2. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I like it very much. But I don't see any Dline addressed. We worked on Oline and DB in Free Agency. Didnt touch the D-Line. We're going to have to do something there. No one on our current roster other than Ratliff on the DLine can push the pocket.

I'm a big Derek Wolfe (DE, Cincinatti) fan though. Would like him over QB Coleman. He's a very underrated Defensive lineman who is a playmaker. Jared Crick would be good too. What if Poe dropped into the 2nd? He's kinda falling on a lot of draft boards.

Really like Konz, Irvin, and Boykin though. Tank Carder too.
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    Probably the worst mock draft I've ever seen

I kid! I like it...I like it a lot actually
  4. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,731 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Ratliff wasnt to good at pushing the pocket, splitting the blockers he was ok but the reason we need a real dt is to take up more than one lineman which he gets beat pretty bad at later in games. QB has all day to step into pocket he can't push.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,646 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    You lost me at pick 81
  6. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    You're out your damn mind! Broyles is a killer
  7. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    who do the titans want at 14? or was it just a way to net an extra 2nd?

i like it but I would switch the spot irvin and boykin are taken, I think we might have to move up in the 2nd to get irvin opposed to boykin who we may be able to trade back and still get
  8. NeonDeion21

2,119 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    They want a DT. They have been rumblings about them trading up for awhile. Brockers or Cox would be their targets IMO.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,646 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Not gonna spend a 3rd rounder on a possession reciever coming off a ripped up knee. I'm thinking the comp pick at the earliest. Didnt care for most of the picks after round 2.
  10. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,427 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I like this Mock draft ALOT. I would be so happy to walk away with that haul.
  11. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,051 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    If Chris Rainey gets his head on straight that would make this draft, no so sure about your choice at QB, I do agree it needs to be addressed if we are disappointed in our Backup behind Orton. Konz is really hard for me to digest at the number one pick for us.
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Like it a lot!

Also, you tug at my homerific strings by selecting BJ Coleman. My dad played CB at Tennessee-Chattanooga in the late 70s/early 80s.
  13. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Not a fan of the Coleman pick. If we come into the season with Romo, Orton and McGee we will be fine. I'd rather wait another year and take a clear-cut franchise QB. If we can duplicate what Cincy did with Dalton in the 2nd next year, that'd be great. Although I see us picking in the mid-high 20s next draft. ;)
  14. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I think Konz at 20 is a need pick, not a bpa guy. Not sure about drafting Rainey if you just took Boykin and Broyles in the second and 3rd.
  15. NeonDeion21

2,119 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Rainey was a BPA pick. I think he can get 5 touches a game on offense and really explode. Also, Felix is a free agent after the season so adding some RB depth wouldnt hurt.
  16. NeonDeion21

2,119 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    One thing I like about Coleman is that he has all the tools to be a good NFL QB. He will be able to sit for 3-4 years and fans won't be demanding for him to play right away. I like taking QB's in the middle rounds because all it takes is to hit on one to make an entire draft.
  17. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'll give you that. Would that spell a McGee departure, then?
  18. NeonDeion21

2,119 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Most likely. Bring him to camp and show case him a bit in preseason. If you can get back a 6th or 7th great. If not, time to move on.