1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Neosapien23's final mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by neosapien23, Mar 16, 2014.

  1. neosapien23

    neosapien23 Well-Known Member

    2,771 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Well ladies and gentleman this is what I would do if I was Jerry Jones. This teams Dline as been decimated by the salary cap and by Ratliff being an uber ******. I would look to draft Dline heavy in this draft and forsake all the other positions. Its a riskly proposition but Dallas has no choice. We have to hope that the Oline can stay healthy which they seemed to do well last year and that a FS will step up.

    1. Aaron Donald DT 6'1 285 lbs. Screw it, trade the 4th rounder with St. Louis to move up and select Donald in front of Chicago. I know Dallas could really use that 4th rounder but I think Donald is a much better fit at the 3 tech position and have a feeling that he will be much more productive than the other DTs despite his small stature. Is a 4th rounder really worth it? Dallas has gotten such players like Wilber, Matt Johnson, AOA the FS, etc...I know this is a deep draft but I would take the best DT in this draft and be done with it.

    2. Kareem Martin DE 6'6 272. I know people are pimping Chrichton but this guy had much better measurables at the combine. He ran pretty fast at his size at a 4.72 and the people who did beat him were all much smaller. He has the size to start immediately at the strong side or at least contribute heavily to the Dline rotation.

    3. Carraun Reid DT 6'2 301. I don't know what this guy has to do to prove himself. First he dominates at the Sr. bowl and then he kills it at the combine. Why are people projecting him to be a 4-5 rounder? I think he is deserving of a 3rd round pick and would rather take a chance on him than someone like Ego Ferguson, Anthony Johnson, or George Uko. Reid is the real deal and will be a solid pro. Dallas has to take him here because they traded their 4th rounder to move up to take Donald. He is more of a 3 tech than a 1 tech, but I think he would be rotated with Donald to give a good rush up the middle. He and Donald could also be on rushing on the same down on obvious pass rushing situations.

    5. Seantrel Henderson OT 6'7 331. This guy has the potential to be something special. If Callahan can light a fire under his arse, he could end up being the best tackle in this draft. He has a lot of red flags but has one of the best physical skill sets in this entire draft class. I would gamble a 5th rounder and have him sit behind Free for a year and unleash him next year.

    7. Howard Jones OLB 6'2 235. Ran a 4.6 40. Don't know much about him other than that. Would be interesting if he could develop with the right coaching.

    7. Larry Webster DE 6'6 252 lbs. Man this guy has a lot of speed but needs to put on some serious weight. He would benefit greatly from being on the practice squad but has the tools you would like to develop. Definitely a project player but 7th rounders tend to be project players.

    7. Bruce Gaston DT 6'2 316. This guy really underachieved in college. He has an intriguing skill set though that could translate well as a 1 tech. It would be interesting to see if Maranelli can mold him into the player he should have been. Had a very good pro day.

    7. Jonathan Dowling FS 6'3 190. This guy is very tall and fast as the ran a 4.52. He probably needs to put on some weight but would be an interesting prospect that could develop into a starting CB or FS.

    7. Spencer Long G 6-5 320. He was a 4th rounder before his knee injury. He would make and excellent candidate as a backup this year with the intention of letting him get healthy. He would probably replace Bernadeau next year.

    7. James Stone C 6-4 306. Very fast for a center and has very good movement skills. Probably has to get a little stronger to be successful at the next level. Should not be a problem with having Frederick in front of him. A valuable backup who can play center or guard.
    TonyRomo17 likes this.
  2. tm1119

    tm1119 Well-Known Member

    3,042 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    I've mocked Donald, Martin, and Reid, and Long to us several times so love those picks. However, just can't trade the 4th rounder. Huge mistake in my opinion. Not a huge fan of Henderson either. There is potential there, but huge bust factor too. I'd much rather draft a better o lineman with that 4th you traded. Also think it would be a mistake to not grab a WR at some point in 1 of the deepest drafts for the position ever.
    visionary likes this.
  3. Bigdog

    Bigdog Well-Known Member

    1,560 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Love Donald, Martin, Reid, and Long. I keep on drafting Reid in the 4th rd of a simulator and they give me C grade for the pick. I don't think he gets out of the 3rd.
  4. TonyRomo17

    TonyRomo17 Well-Known Member

    743 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    love ur mock
  5. xwalker

    xwalker Well-Known Member

    12,395 Messages
    4,956 Likes Received
    I would give Henderson a 20% chance of being the next Flozell and an 80% chance of being a complete bust.
  6. xwalker

    xwalker Well-Known Member

    12,395 Messages
    4,956 Likes Received
    Why is it a "final" mock in March?

    1. Aaron Donald DT 6'1 285 lbs. Screw it, trade the 4th rounder with St. Louis to move up and select Donald in front of Chicago. I know Dallas could really use that 4th rounder but I think Donald is a much better fit at the 3 tech position and have a feeling that he will be much more productive than the other DTs despite his small stature. Is a 4th rounder really worth it? Dallas has gotten such players like Wilber, Matt Johnson, AOA the FS, etc...I know this is a deep draft but I would take the best DT in this draft and be done with it.
    I would really like to have the 4th in this draft. I'd like to have more picks, not less, but the trade is tempting and if they made that trade I'd be fine with it.

    2. Kareem Martin DE 6'6 272. I know people are pimping Chrichton but this guy had much better measurables at the combine. He ran pretty fast at his size at a 4.72 and the people who did beat him were all much smaller. He has the size to start immediately at the strong side or at least contribute heavily to the Dline rotation.
    Have you watched Martin in games. He is ok, but he does not play with that type of speed/quickness. It's his 10 yard split that was most impressive, but I just don't see it in game footage. Crichton is likely gone at the pick so that's not really an option.

    3. Carraun Reid DT 6'2 301. I don't know what this guy has to do to prove himself. First he dominates at the Sr. bowl and then he kills it at the combine. Why are people projecting him to be a 4-5 rounder? I think he is deserving of a 3rd round pick and would rather take a chance on him than someone like Ego Ferguson, Anthony Johnson, or George Uko. Reid is the real deal and will be a solid pro. Dallas has to take him here because they traded their 4th rounder to move up to take Donald. He is more of a 3 tech than a 1 tech, but I think he would be rotated with Donald to give a good rush up the middle. He and Donald could also be on rushing on the same down on obvious pass rushing situations.
    Yes he's a good player and could be a 3rd rounder. He's definitely a 3-tech.

    5. Seantrel Henderson OT 6'7 331. This guy has the potential to be something special. If Callahan can light a fire under his arse, he could end up being the best tackle in this draft. He has a lot of red flags but has one of the best physical skill sets in this entire draft class. I would gamble a 5th rounder and have him sit behind Free for a year and unleash him next year.
    It is tempting just based on the overwhelming physical talent. He basically a more athletic version of Flozell. I think he's missed games every season in college due to some type of discipline issue. I give him about 20% chance of being a dominant player and 80% chance of being a bust.

    7. Howard Jones OLB 6'2 235. Ran a 4.6 40. Don't know much about him other than that. Would be interesting if he could develop with the right coaching.
    He was a DE in college. I think he is a 3-4 OLB and probably not a 4-3 LB.

    7. Larry Webster DE 6'6 252 lbs. Man this guy has a lot of speed but needs to put on some serious weight. He would benefit greatly from being on the practice squad but has the tools you would like to develop. Definitely a project player but 7th rounders tend to be project players.
    Great athletic ability but as you say, very raw as a football player. Good pick in the 7th.

    7. Bruce Gaston DT 6'2 316. This guy really underachieved in college. He has an intriguing skill set though that could translate well as a 1 tech. It would be interesting to see if Maranelli can mold him into the player he should have been. Had a very good pro day.
    Good player, although there are a couple of similar late round guys I like better.

    7. Jonathan Dowling FS 6'3 190. This guy is very tall and fast as the ran a 4.52. He probably needs to put on some weight but would be an interesting prospect that could develop into a starting CB or FS.
    I'll be surprised if he is not drafted a little earlier. He's a decent player and has decent speed/agility for such a tall DB.

    7. Spencer Long G 6-5 320. He was a 4th rounder before his knee injury. He would make and excellent candidate as a backup this year with the intention of letting him get healthy. He would probably replace Bernadeau next year.
    I think he might have been higher than a 4th round if not for the injury. He looks like a guy that probably could have started as a rookie. I like this pick, but I think he will get drafted a little earlier. Tank Carradine only dropped to the 2nd last year despite and injury that kept him on IR all season.

    7. James Stone C 6-4 306. Very fast for a center and has very good movement skills. Probably has to get a little stronger to be successful at the next level. Should not be a problem with having Frederick in front of him. A valuable backup who can play center or guard.
    I have not studied this player. I do like the idea of a Guard prospect that has played Center.

Share This Page