1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NEP: 2012 NFL Combine: Day Four Wrap

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 26, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/02/2012-nfl-combine-day-four-wrap.html

Let’s get this out of the way first. Robert Griffin III stole the show running a 4.38 forty. It’s a blazing fast time, but it’s not unexpected. Griffin is an Olympic quality hurdler and anything slower than low 4.4 would have been considered a disappointment. What is even more impressive is that Andrew Luck ended up running the same time, 4.59 as Cam Newton did last year. Luck’s athleticism is an overlooked aspect of this game and he put it out there today for all to see.

- If one player helped their stock most today it had to be Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill. Hill posted the fastest 40 yard dash time today at 4.30. Hill also vertical jumped 39.5″ and broad jumped 11’1″. He is someone who is big and obviously athletic. Coming into the combine he was a player I wasn’t really too high on because of his limited route running experience. He really was only asked to do one thing in the Georgia Tech offense and that was to run deep. He is someone I’m going to have to go back and re-evaluate.

- Michael Floyd really, really helped himself today as well. He is someone who was already a first round pick, but scouts had questions about his speed. Floyd posted a 4.42 which seemed to answer all questions about straight line speed and put the issue to rest for the remainder of this process. It now appears to be a three man race for the number one WR spot with Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd and Kendall Wright.
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,914 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    Good work with the coverage today, joe.

Solid stuff, keep it up.
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Say what.........:confused:
  4. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    yw buddy,, i try to keep you all informed :)
  5. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,544 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Thanks joe. Keep up the good work.
  6. Hoofbite

31,914 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    I'd bet my prized booger collection that Blackmon comes off the board first.
  7. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

842 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Lends a whole new meaning to "American Pickers". ;)

I thought that Kendall Wright was the only WR who had even the slightest chance to supplant Blackmon in draft order. His turtle-esque 40 time slammed that door shut quickly.
  8. Hoofbite

31,914 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    Just working on my mining technique because I'm slated to be on Gold Rush S3 next year.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,150 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    Floyd has those questions about his troubles at ND. But if you watched him play he got it done.