1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

netflix users

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by lane, Sep 6, 2012.

1. lane

lane The Chairman

10,536 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    i just started my 30 day free trial..7.99 after that to watch on pc or wii etc..

i'm browsing movies and a lot of the movies i was interested in are not listed.

do you have to sign up for the additional 7.99 to get movies mailed for a better selection?

also..are you happy with netflix if you are a current customer?
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,584 Messages
    3,333 Likes Received
    It's pretty good but you need to upgrade. I prefer the interface on AppleTV but it's all good.
  3. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Netflix sucks IMO.

Very happy with my amazon prime. Hulu is ok.
  4. lane

lane The Chairman

10,536 Messages
    468 Likes Received

tell me about amazon prime bro.

how you been by the way tomson?
  5. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,008 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    I'm fine with Netflix. I don't watch movies all the time, but when I do, I always find something good. Plus there are a good selection of TV show series (not as much as Hulu though). $7.99/ month isn't a lot to pay either. Here is a tip: Browse for movies online from your computer and save them in your queue for viewing elsewhere. For some reason, there are more movies listed there.
  6. lane

lane The Chairman

10,536 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    thanks jon..
  7. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You absolutely must watch "The Wild and WOnderful Whites of West Virginia"..thank me later.

Also, a documentary called "Street Thief" and a splatterhouse movie called "Hobo with a Shotgun".

All WINS. :D
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm happy with Netflix and so is my family. Right now I'm mainly using it to watch old Star Trek episodes. Though I've watched a lot of stuff. Old Martial Arts films and a bunch of other stuff.

They won't always have everything you want, but their is a whole lot more to watch on Netflix then their is on the premium cable channels and at $7.99 compared to the $35 or $40 a month I was paying for all of those channels, it's a steal.
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,900 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    I live on Netflix last year, I'd probably recommend it, especially if you don't have cable.

I think it's MUCH better for tv than movies though.
  10. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,182 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Netflix is pretty good for tv shows. That's what I mainly use it for. There are some really nice documentaries on there as well. It has a decent movie collection as far as the classics go, but don't expect any new releases available on instawatch. You will have to actually order DVDs to get more new releases.

Netflix instawatch is better for, "Oh hey! I always wanted to watch that!" rather than catching that movie that just came out on DVD or that show you missed last week. I use red box for new releases and Hulu plus for currently running shows.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,382 Messages
    3,636 Likes Received
    Hobo with a shotgun is good because it is so bad...if that makes sense.

Oh and WWofWV...glad I have never been around those fools and I think a good deal of it was some of them just acting that way because of the camera. Except for Jesco...I have had some friends tell me he actually acts that way. I know I have seen video footage of him doing his dancing outlaw bit at some football games and he would be high as a kite.
  12. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I use my sister netflix account for streaming and I been an amazon prime member for a while now and got the added bonus of streaming content.

Netflix has a better selections of Martial Art action films than Amazon and i think Amazon has the better selection of TV series.

My feeling right now is the overall streaming content is subpar and underwhelming on all fronts until the studios start allowing the streaming of the better content. I am to the point I prefer streaming over DVD's no worries about kids scratching the DVD etc etc.

Now if the studios just have to have physical copies to sell I wish they start moving towards encrypted thumb drive stuff they have gotten so large and so cheap and small
  13. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That totally makes sense. It's filmed to have that grindhouse look. Everything is so over-the-top. It's pure greatness.

Jesco is bi-polar. He has to be. "If you want to live to see tomorrow you better start cookin' them eggs right. I'm tired of eating sloppy, slimy eggs."

Crazy guy.
  14. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I got so excited when I saw how many Martial Arts movies they have, until i realized i own about 75% of them already. #kungfunerd
  15. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Have you watched the one War of Arrows on Netflix it is a really good movie
  16. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I saw the trailer. I will check it out. It's not on Netflix, but you have to watch SHAOLIN (2011) Instant top 10 for me. Great movie!
  17. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    ...added to queue. :)

btw, War of the Arrows is on Netflix. When I searched for Shaolin, it popped up as recommended based on my search.
  18. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,484 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    If tv shows are your thing you'll love netflix.......though they are stepping up there movie game too.
  19. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,008 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Also want to add that new movies and shows are added each week. I've gotten to see many TV shows that I normally would not have watched, either due to lack of time or lack of interest at the moment. I believe they have the first four seasons of "Breaking Bad." Never thought about watching the show before, now I'm addicted. Also when there is nothing good on TV, I can always tune into Netflix.
  20. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yep, I've watched all four season of Breaking Bad just a before I started the Star Trek Voyager seasons. Of course, they don't have season five, so I will just have to wait until they do to catch up.