1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Never Too Early

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Kaika, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Kaika

Kaika Have a Good Day Pilgrims

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do you guys think we should start figuring out where we're going to be in the draft rotation ,and who we want????:rolleyes:
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,384 Messages
    3,724 Likes Received
    No. I think right now the organization is focused on this season and trying to win balls game, the scouting department is working the college games looking at potential players for the draft
  3. Doomsday101

78,384 Messages
    3,724 Likes Received
    If you are a team like Alt I would suggest they don't start printing up SB tickets just yet and for all the teams sitting at 3-3 I would not start looking to the draft.
  4. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,607 Messages
    19 Likes Received

I think it's too early to discuss where we will be picking in April, but if we lose 2 out of the next 3 the 2013 draft will be a hot topic I reckon.

Craig
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,612 Messages
    5,771 Likes Received
    Regardless of the Cowboys position in the draft, now is a good time for fans to be interested in the draft. The college games are on now. If you wait until the Spring to follow the draft, then it's difficult to find game footage of all the players that you would like to see.
  6. Doomsday101

78,384 Messages
    3,724 Likes Received
    True but I still watch college football mainly because I enjoy it. No doubt leading up to the draft it is nice to be able to talk about a player based on seeing him play as opposed to just some highlight clips and other people opinion.
  7. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Freudian slip?

:laugh2:
  8. Kaika

Kaika Have a Good Day Pilgrims

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With the loss of S. Lee, and the injuries we have in the backfield this week, I got upset and I guess I was just trying to be funny.

It couldn't have happened at a worse time, I hate the gints with a passion.

Lets hope the Boys play with a little pride.

So far I'm not optimistic from what I've seen with this team ,but I would love for them to surprise me.:starspin
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,784 Messages
    1,665 Likes Received
    if we make the playoffs we are in the last 12. Otherswise a say 8-8 or 9-7 record usually has you around 15-18.

That is probably a reasonable area to look at right now
  10. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    If we miss the playoffs and only pick 18th, that will be dissappointing.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,494 Messages
    9,648 Likes Received
    I'm always thinking draft. No matter how good the Cowboys are that year.

IMO, it's the greatest sporting event of the year. Only a Super Bowl with your team in it is better.
  12. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    If we finish top 7 then o want jarvis Jones, if he is picked before us or we resign Spencer, then trade back a few times like what Louis did. We can find good OL and DL and safety in the late first to early 3rs