1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by DFlo, May 16, 2011.

1. DFlo

DFlo New Member

27 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey guys, after working on it for quite a while, I posted this new 2012 NFL Mock Draft, let me know what you guys think:

2012 NFL Mock Draft
  2. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    First off nice work . i always appreciate looking at this no matter how far away they are .

But
    (nothing ever good comes after but :D )

i know a heck of alot of things can happen between now and next draft but as of today you cant do a mock draft and not put Luck at 1.

I assume you used last years slots in case there is no football this year and the slots remain the same? Otherwise it's a lazy attempt.

A de at no 9 ? wait for it..... wait for iiit.....
  3. dillinger319

dillinger319 Striped Leopard

861 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Yeh Im pretty sure the draft order will not be the same from last year...... Little bit more work on your part and you might see that.... Nice try though
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

26,330 Messages
    4,048 Likes Received
    Thanks for the effort.

Wow, Carolina is going to feel like real morons if they end up picking 1st again and have already burnt the 1st overall this year on a Newton.
  5. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

5,218 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    good job on your mock.
  6. DFWJC

26,330 Messages
    4,048 Likes Received
    Something fun is to bookmark something like this and see how radically it changes by next year's draft.
    Safe to say that 50-70% of these guys will not go in the first round....that's how it always is.

But this gives us a great look at some of the top prospects and it's a nice effort putting it all together.
  7. DFlo

DFlo New Member

27 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks guys!

The order was just based off of last year's order for simplicity sake. If I start projecting where teams will finish and whatnot then it starts becoming more about the order than the mock draft and players being selected itself.

Regarding Luck, yeah I mention in the description that he will likely go #1 and if Carolina decides to stay with Newton in that position then they would definitely trade out of that pick. However, for simplicity we didn't include any trades.

Although there have been a lot of complaints about the draft order, maybe the next one I will switch it up.
  8. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What the heck? Three UNC front 7 defense players in the first round? [Coples (DE), Brown O(LB) and Pagie-Moss(DE/OLB)] And DT Powell will probably be a first rounder if he comes out.

After this year's draft in which UNC front 7 Quinn (DE), Carter (ILB) and Austin (DT) went in the first 2 rounds, and Quan Studivant (MLB) in the later rounds. [D'Norris Searcy (CB) was also drafted].

What the heck is going on at Chapel Hill? Do they have the greatest front 7 in the history of college football or something? This is ridiculous!
  9. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,579 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I think Jones gets drafted ahead of Barkley imo. Good job.
  10. DFlo

DFlo New Member

27 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Butch Davis is doing one hell of a job at Chapel Hill.

Thanks man. Very good chance that could happen with another big season from Jones. Although, as of right now I'm not that high on Landry Jones.
  11. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,919 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    unless Barkley and Luck just tank its hard to imagine them not going 1 and 2.
    Other than that I LOVE the Crick pick. I thought he was coming out this year and thought he'd be a great pick for us. He will be again next year although I'm sure we won't draft that high again and hard to speculate where he will go. I foresee him to be a real solid, maybe not spectacular, player that simply quietly produces for years to come at the 3-4 DE position. Would love to grab him next year to replace ole shank.
  12. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,975 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    One hell of a job as a recruiter, what else has he done? The school is possibly facing NCAA sanction once they find they had a lack of institutional control (can't see how they avoid it with that many suspensions and a coach connected to an agent) and Butchie has yet to even sniff an ACC championship game.
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

18,930 Messages
    9,510 Likes Received
    Excellent analysis.

Your 2011 mock was excellent also...correct on 7 of the top 10 spots.
  14. DFlo

DFlo New Member

27 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think, like many other teams, they are a QB away from being a top contender. At the same time they lost most of their defensive players last year to injuries and suspensions. But it is hard to argue about the lack of institutional control.

Thanks man!
  15. WilmingtonHeel

WilmingtonHeel Member

910 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is not a lack of control at Chapel Hill look at OSU, Tennessee and USC. Kids made poor choices after being warned over and over. Last year was the year we were pointing to nationally didn't work out, We had 2 scouts that said at UNC's pro day we would've played Auburn had it not been for our suspensions. The past is the past now Butch will get us there
  16. DFWJC

26,330 Messages
    4,048 Likes Received
    I'm a UNC grad, but I have to say....that is 100% speculation. You win games on the field, not in the underwear olympics.

I like what Butch is doing in Chapel Hill as far as recruiting. We'll see how it works out in the won-loss column.

Go Heels.