New DE sounds like a smart cool dude, I am rooting big time for him

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by theranchsucks, Sep 4, 2013.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

22,446 Messages
    12,187 Likes Received
    Wrong! It will be the 22-1/2 yardline at 5.3 seconds.:D
  2. mrmojo

mrmojo Well-Known Member

2,204 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Will he be playing Sunday???
  3. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,989 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    Well I hope the ball he tips is more of a forced fumble because otherwise what you just described is an incomplete pass.
    jubal likes this.
  4. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

7,723 Messages
    6,988 Likes Received
    You think that's impressive?

After I read this....

....I decided there was no point to watch the game since I knew what was going to happen.
  5. CheapietheCheapskate

CheapietheCheapskate New Member

7 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Best description that i've seen from Revolver1 over at the ranch:

Ceasar Rayford is a pure 4-3 rush end. He is tall and long, 6'7" with very long arms. He is 265 lbs and is strong and big enough to play with his hand on the ground. He has a relentless motor and seems to do well when simply told to rush the qb. Uses his arms and hands well to work through blockers when rushing. Never gives up on a play. Can literally wrap his arm around a blocker and bat a pass, yank a qb down, ect. Very Fast for his size, 4.65 40.

The Colts switched to the Ravens 3-4 defense and are predicated on size and power. They wanted Ceasar to play rush backer for them.Unfortunately for them, that just wasnt going to happen. He is very gawky and awkward in space. A tasered giraffe in coverage is what he has been described as. Has a very upright an odd gate while running. Explosive but jerky, not smooth. He was so productive in preseason and practice that he made the roster over the likes of Drake Nevis who also didnt fit, but was a third round pick. Caeser is 27 years old and has played the last several years in the AFL and CFL respectively.
  6. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

10,257 Messages
    2,815 Likes Received
    I don't understand the Wilber hate. He's in his 2nd year. HE was a rookie just last year. Seems a bit premature to write him off just after one season.
  7. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

7,723 Messages
    6,988 Likes Received
    Hi. Welcome to the internet. Stay a while.
  8. SHAMSzy

SHAMSzy Well-Known Member

831 Messages
    1,223 Likes Received
    I laughed at the part where Dez had 155 yards, Miles 88 yards, and Witten 60 yards but Romo only 285 yards. So I guess Orton had 18 yards when Romo had to sit out for a series and no one else on the team had a reception. Or maybe we had a pass to Gavin Escobar for -18 yards that made everyone on CZ deem him a complete bust.
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

26,250 Messages
    9,329 Likes Received
    Nothing personal for me, just business.

As in he's a poor fit for 4-3 defensive end and has no business playing in it.

Just unfortunate that Rob Ryan can't get the Saints to pony up anything for him.

And since his terrible play in the final preseason game, the team has brought in multiple players at his position.

Not an encouraging sign.
  10. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

10,257 Messages
    2,815 Likes Received
    I get what you're saying. I guess i'm just shocked we're judging him based on his preseason performance as opposed to his regular season performance. He may very well suck. But i've seen plenty of times where young guys don't show you anything until the regular season starts. I don't know if he'll be that guy. I hope he is.

What?
  11. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member

3,916 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    You got me, definitely like Too Tall Lite, now let's just hope he doesn't quit to become a boxer.
  12. jday

jday Well-Known Member

4,353 Messages
    2,288 Likes Received
    I'm always reluctant to get excited about a guy dubbed preseason MVP. The question now is can he do it in a regular season game consistently?
  13. jobberone

jobberone Let's go fishing Staff Member

46,778 Messages
    9,280 Likes Received
    Well, at least there's one person in this thread with a good sense of humor not to mention impeccably good taste. :)
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

62,443 Messages
    14,559 Likes Received
    That is understandable. We've had our share of preseason All-Pro's. But this kid looks like the real deal to me and getting great coaching won't hurt.
  15. gdogg24

gdogg24 Well-Known Member

842 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    He should he's played a full pre-season and has practiced all week
  16. jday

jday Well-Known Member

4,353 Messages
    2,288 Likes Received
    As with the Cowboys team as a whole, I am cautiously optimistic.
  17. StarSchema

StarSchema Active Member

312 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    He had sacks against the Giants, one on a starting tackle.

I'd see if they can stop him yet, on sure passing downs, opposite Ware, at least a couple times.
  18. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    He and Waters sound like some really promising late moves. It looks like the staff hasn't been happy with the lines all summer and keep looking for pieces with good value. They may not be the ideal way to build the "trenches" everyone is worrying about but it shows they've have focused on them all summer trying to make them better. I'll take it till the next draft.
  19. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,413 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    that's my feeling also. like I said yesterday I have no hope for him this year. Wilber looks like a linebacker not a defensive end. he to small and got overpowered on several snaps by third string players all preseason imagine him going against starting players