1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

New England or San Diego Defense?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 1, 2008.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,233 Messages
    7,064 Likes Received
    New England vs SF

San Diego vs Mia
  2. QT

QT Active Member

1,902 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Sorry, WD, I don't want to give you bad advice b/c it's so hard to predict a Defense. What I do is to keep one defense on my team and just ride with it. I hate trying to figure out what defense to use. You can use that extra spot for an actual player.

It burned me last year when I had Chicago D. They weren't doing so well so I picked up GB D on my bye week. GB D started doing well (Harris and Woodson), so I kept switching in and out. My superbowl game I put in GB D because yahoo projected them much higher then GB. They ended up scoring 5 pts and Chicago got like 20+ pts and lost the superbowl.

After that, I decided that i'm not going to take the extra effort to figure out what D to use. The D is too unpredictable to me. Look at Baltimore D this year. Last week I had 24 pts (Ed Reed TD) and this week I only got 4 pts and almost lost because of them.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,233 Messages
    7,064 Likes Received
    Thanks Quan. I usually draft two defenses due to bye weeks and such. I thought NE would be stronger, but after they got beat down by Mia, I'm a little hesitant to ride with NE.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,561 Likes Received
    JMO and FWIW, I'd go SD.

If for no other reason they are at home.
  5. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,116 Messages
    1,975 Likes Received
    I would never draft 2 defenses FWIW. Your wasting a roster spot. I usually grab as many back up RB's as possible and if an when someone gets hurt, you have yourself a potential strter. L. McLain is a good example this year this year. Earnest Graham last year.

Defenses are generally a dime a dozen.
  7. QT

QT Active Member

1,902 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I concur.

Or this year with Eddie Royal or last year with Wes Welker. I would NEVER draft 2 defenses. Sometimes I don't draft a D until the last pick of the draft.