1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

New Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by DaBoys4Life, Mar 2, 2009.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    That's a pretty ignorant comment but the real reason is because he's too short to play DE and too light for DT and not athletic enough to play LB. Not a great pass rusher, had some of the shortest arms at the combine which explains his weakness for fighting off blocks and he needs a lot of work in the weight room.

Sure has a great motor and a big heart and sure he's the type of player you like on your team but I don't see anything but a lifetime special teams ace and spot duty player if you can find him a position.
  2. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    All he needs is that + a good work ethic and he'll be fine. Ratliff is "too small" to play NT in a 3-4. Don't get caught up on the measurements I'd rather have a smaller guy that gives it a 120% on every down then someone that will take plays off.
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Problem is he might struggle to bench press what Ratliff curls. It's not just his size I worry about.
  4. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    23 reps is lacking for his position however, I still think he can make it work plus he just needs to work out with some pros and that shouldn't be a problem afterwards.