1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

New Mock, with a trade down

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Manwiththeplan, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,128 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Okay, in free agency we sign Logan Mankins. That's it. We bring back Spears and Bowen. Gerald Sensabaugh and Alan Ball, except Ball goes back to CB. We also bring back Kyle Kosier.

We cut Barber (assuming he cannot be traded), Bigg, Colombo and Brookings.

Just so there's perspective Here's how the first 5 picks go before I trade down.

1.) Carolina- ALuck
    2.) Denver- NFairley
    3.) Cincy- DBowers
    4.) Buffalo- RMallet
    5.) SF- PPeterson

So I trade down with St. Louis (21rst pick) for a 2nd + 2012 2nd rounder

1.) Gabe Camiri, OT, Wisconsin
    2a.) Adrian Clayborn, DL, Iowa
    2b.) Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
    3.) John Mofit, OG, Wisconsin
    4.) Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon
    5.) Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
    6.) Mark LeGree, S, Appalachin State
    7.) Allen Bradford, RB, USC
  2. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,924 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    How is Buffalo going to lose to Mark Brunnel? I think we are picking 5 at worst. I dont want to hijack your mock w/ that though.

Who does STL want at #6, AJ Green?
  3. Chappy

Chappy Active Member

303 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Camiri is good with our first pick and i would love to nab Nate Solder with our high 2nd Rd pick. Our OL would get a massive boost overnight. Solder is a 6 9" 300lb beast with great agility and perfect for the fast rushers in matchups protecting Romo for years to come.

Solder has only given up 3 Sacks in over 850 snaps and is a 1st team All American that runs a 4.92 0-40 time and for me is the pick of the OT's in this years draft. :bow:
  4. Manwiththeplan

5,128 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    yeah AJ Green.

Has Rob Ryan announced that Mark Sanchez isn't playing
  5. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,924 Messages
    98 Likes Received

Heard his presser, he was saying it kinda stinks b/c Sanchez was just starting to get hot.

But Sanchez has a shoulder something they are worried about so you can count on Brunnel
  6. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    We trade down from 6 to 21 and only pick up 2 seconds round picks one of which is next year?

We got robbed!
  7. Manwiththeplan

5,128 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    FWIW in the 09 draft Cleveland traded the #5 pick for the #21 pick and got a first, 2nd and 3 veteren role players. Instead of Abram Elam, Kenyon Coleman and Brett Ratliff, I switched for a future 2nd.
  8. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    at least its pretty realistic. Would you rather him say.

WE TRADE MARION BARBERZ FOR A 2ND ROUND PICKSZZ AND WILLIAMS FOR A 3RDZ!!!! :bounce:
  9. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,702 Messages
    539 Likes Received
    I seriously think that some fans think that teams have to take a trade just because you offer it.

Jerry Jones on phone: "Hello Bill Bellichick? I'll trade you Marion Barber for Wes Welker. I said it, you gotta do it." Click.
  10. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2:

I wouldn't doubt it.
  11. eightysiX

eightysiX Member

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree i think we can get another current third from that, based on the draft value chart.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,043 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    I'm OK with the trade but I'd rather see it be a future 1st round pick.
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,556 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    Why in the world would you trade down when you are getting a top 7 pick? We are talking about an impact guy here. Also I highly doubt Mankins is coming here. He is said to want 10 million a year and there will be a new cap.
  14. Manwiththeplan

5,128 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    doubtful they would give up a future first, maybe another 5th or so
  15. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,889 Likes Received
    With that draft, I would literally do backflips, or attempt to, and post it on youtube and then post it here.
  16. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Cleveland and Buffalo are also teams that gave us future #1 picks to move up a few slots from Round 2 in order to draft useless QB's.

There is a reason they stay the laughing stock on the NFL.

Dont use them as an example anymore:D
  17. Manwiththeplan

5,128 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    The draft value chart is outdated, and I'd personally be estatic with that trade. Maybe we get another pick, but STL wouldn't pull a Mike Dikta and give us their whole draft
  18. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,109 Messages
    39 Likes Received

Let me get this straight: you're trading the 6th pick of the draft, with a potential to have an impact, to pick a project offensive lineman and an extra 2nd round pick in each year ?

pass.
  19. Manwiththeplan

5,128 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    How is Camiri a project? You may not like him as a prospect, but he still isn't considered a project.
  20. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,109 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    draft chart doesn't exist anymore, but that doesn't mean the Cowboys should make a bad trade just because bad trades have been made before.

Here's reality: there isn't an offensive lineman in this draft that's projected to come in and start right away. That doesn't mean it can't happen, it just means that " the thinking " is out there. If the " the thought " is out there, then you play the game accordingly. There are roughly 12-15 defensive starters in this draft from day 1. Most of them are going to go in the top 10, top 15. It is not wise to trade a spot where a team can get one of those players for a pick where one of those players might not be there, and then, to top it all of, go ahead and draft a player who's going to be the bench initially. That's like throwing an intercetion at the 1 yard line and have it returned 99 yards for a TD, ie: a 14 points swing ( the 7 you didn't score + the 7 you just gave up ).

If you're going to trade down from the #6 in this particular draft, and in the situation that the Cowboys are in, you better be getting back a plethora of high picks OR at least a young impact player.

The Cowboys will probably have to rebuild a good portion of the defense either because of pending free agency and/or just plain incompetence. Obviously not everything will come through the draft, some of it will be through free agency itself. This particularly draft is top heavy in defensive players, especially pass rushers. What sense does it make to trade away from that strength ? If the O-linemen in this draft were high rated, the argument would be different, but the truth is that they aren't, or at least they aren't as high as in other drafts. The Cowboys already have projects at O-line ( several of them ), adding another 1 or 2 early in this particular draft most probably will not make an inmidiate impact. They'll be looking at the free agency market for that.

If they have a top 10 pick, stay put, draft the best player available that's not a QB or WR, unless somebody comes at them with an offer they can't refulse.