1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

New show is set to become the new Jersey Shore

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by MonsterD, Dec 10, 2012.

1. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,679 Messages
    312 Likes Received
    The executive producer of MTV’s Buckwild – the network’s new reality show about southern teens that a West Virginia senator has already described as a ”travesty” — defended the program to EW by saying it “celebrates” the youths in a very positive way and that viewers will “watch the show and wish they could be them.”

Link

Hmm anyone from W.Virginia here?, :lmao:
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Hey BP got his own tv show. Congrats :laugh1:
  3. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People is West Virginia are PISSED about this show.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Nobody I know, that has seen the previews, is happy about it.

Although the kids do not appear (from the previews) to reach the levels of the Wild Wonderful Whites of WV, it still shows them acting foolish and I am sure the directors and producers prod them along to act even more foolish than they already are.

I never watched a single episode of Jersey Shore and I don't intend to watch this show either.

It appears to be yet another "reality" show that is in reality fake and scripted...surprised it is not going to be on TruTV who seem to be the kings of the fake Reality shows now.
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    That is why I (Reality) ironically have never liked "reality tv" .. I knew I should have trademarked my name back in the 90s :D

/reality
  6. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Reminds me of an interview with the people that made Cops when they first started they where no way these people are going to sign the papers to let themselves be aired on TV after being arrested.

Then it shocked them how easy it was to get people to sign; when they asked why because I am on TV. That is the mentality we are dealing with on these TV shows.
  7. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They have tv's now??
  8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    No chance will it be as...iconic, if that's the right word...as Jersey Shore. Like the show or hate it, there were lots of hilarious moments, and it was easily quotable. It'll be very difficult to emulate the way that Jersey Shore became a pop sensation, I doubt they have characters as charismatic or quotable. "Come at me bro" and "GTL" have been played off of and become their own sort of branch of the show. I don't see that happening from WV lol
  9. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    This show is filmed about 20 miles from my house in a town well known for its drug abuse. I for one wont be watching this show just like I've chose not to watch The Wild & Wonderful Whites, shows like this crap are what gives my State a bad name. We're not all strung out on meth & poor like some believe.
  10. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I'm shocked they have electricity. Next thing you know they'll have indoor plumbing. :laugh1:
  11. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Just had a big explosion and fire in the town that show is based in...believed to from a gas line.
  12. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Probably a meth lab.
  13. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Gas line from what I am hearing...people from the interstate seeing flames flaring up.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
  15. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Wow now that's a fire
  16. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Yes it is, Uncle Gus...
  17. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I wondered who would get that :laugh1:
  18. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Roll Charlie around... he'll be alright...