1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

*** New Site Questions And Comments Thread ***

Discussion in 'CZ Support Zone' started by Reality, Jun 23, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,577 Messages
    3,444 Likes Received
    I had the perfect smiley in mind for this post, but alas you still haven't uploaded them. Get to work! ~cracks whip~
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,853 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    You used to have the option of creating your own quotation box (example copy and paste thread headline, highlight, then press quotation botton) I didnt see that anymore. Can you re add or did I just miss it.
  3. WoodysGirl

64,577 Messages
    3,444 Likes Received
    If I read your question, there's a "Quotation" icon on the toolbar that serves the same person..

Edit: Yes, that Quotations icon should work for you.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,853 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    Thanks WG got it
  5. WoodysGirl

64,577 Messages
    3,444 Likes Received
    I just re-read my post, and boy was it a clusterfudge. I'm glad you understood what I was trying to say. lol
  6. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,010 Messages
    1,586 Likes Received
    What about my own signature? In the older version I could toggle between showing it or not.
  7. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,524 Messages
    967 Likes Received
    I'm fairly certain there is no option for that as the logic would be, if you don't want to see your own signature, then why should anyone else see it?

/reality
  8. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,010 Messages
    1,586 Likes Received
    Not what I'm asking. In the previous version of the forum, every time you posted something you had the option of either showing your signature or not. That way, your sig showed only when you wanted it to show, instead of showing every time you posted in a thread.

Does that option also exist here?
  9. Reality

11,524 Messages
    967 Likes Received
    No, it's not an option with the new software/site.

/reality
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,199 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    Right now every time I click to open a thread my cursor goes right to the reply area- bottom of the page. That is really annoying

also as I type this letters keep disapearing for some reason- I have to retype several times
    Pottsville Maroons likes this.
  11. Reality

11,524 Messages
    967 Likes Received
    It takes you to the first unread post in a thread.

This is not something on the site's side. You can try going into your User Preferences and unchecking the Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages box. Your computer/device may have issues with the rich text editor. I prefer the non-rich text editor myself anyway.

/reality
  12. burmafrd

41,199 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    This is happening in threads I have NOT previously opened
    Pottsville Maroons likes this.
  13. Reality

11,524 Messages
    967 Likes Received
    No idea what to tell you then as I have tested it in Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer 9 and 10 and FireFox and have no issues.

Maybe you have a plugin that is interfering with it would be my only other guess. At this point there is nothing that I can do on the site's side.

/reality
  14. burmafrd

41,199 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    It stopped doing it once I did what you said as regards the rich text thingy. Suddenly things are working a lot better
  15. Reality

11,524 Messages
    967 Likes Received
    Well that's good to hear then! I hate rich text editors personally and came close to disabling it as an option here :D

/reality
  16. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Reality, I want to first congratulate you and the staff for managing a first class Dallas Cowboy site--I love it!

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, however do you have Cowboyszone Mobile version for the iPhone?

The old site was much easier to read on my iPhone when away on business trips. If not, do you know of any sittings I can adjust on my iPhone that would make reading this site similiar to before?

Thank you.
  17. Reality

11,524 Messages
    967 Likes Received
    Thank you for the kind words!

The software we're using has a responsive support which is the way most sites are moving given the blurring lines between mobile and desktop. Responsive design allows one theme to function for all devices. The problem is that responsive part of the theme is still a work-in-progress right now. Because some users were complaining about it, I disabled it for now. It will be re-enabled soon and those users who have issues on their mobile devices will just have to get used to it or upgrade.

/reality
    CrazyCowboy likes this.
  18. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,319 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    Sorry if this has been asked already (the thread is quite long!): did we lose the ability to multi-quote posts...i.e., show more than one person's quote in your reply?
  19. WoodysGirl

64,577 Messages
    3,444 Likes Received
    It's been asked, but basically instead of clicking the button on all posts to quote and then clicking Quote for the final post, just hit Reply for each post you want to respond to and it'll add it automatically to the Post Reply text box.
    pancakeman and cajuncocoa like this.
  20. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,319 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    Thanks, WG! :)