1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

New Star Wars movies 7, 8 and 9

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Jan 27, 2013.

1. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,286 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    Ok

So JJ Abrams is set to make Star Wars parts 7, 8 and 9.

According to is article there were 12 parts and not 9 parts to the story.

Parts 4, 5 and 6 releases first.
    Then dreaded prequel parts 1, 2 and 3 in 2000's.

So now they are doing 7, 8 and 9.

Still leaving a possible 4th trilogy to follow.

I don't think can ever match 4, 5 and 6.

4 was a great movie and 5 was a great sequel. 6 wasn't that good IMO.
  2. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I actually just started watching all of the star wars movies as I have not seen them all the way through yet. just finished episode 2. I think Abrams is a good pick tho

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  3. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,455 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    Empire Strikes Back will forever remain the best one

Can you please link the article? As far as I know Abrams is only going to direct Episode VII. Not VIII and IX.
  4. REDVOLUTION

25,286 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    there are all sorts of stories out there. One claimed that the movies would not have anything to do with anything already out there. And lucas has never given many details of the last set of movies.

One can hope. After the disasters that were 1-3. Not having Lucas involved is almost certainly a good thing.

ESB has always been called the Best one; probably True. But the original Star Wars will ALWAYS be my favorite.
  6. REDVOLUTION

25,286 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received

Yeah Lucas crammed 1-3 down our throats. How Vader came to be should have been much better.

I think ANH allowed ESB to be as good as it was. Take 4 and 5 and call them one long movie :)
  7. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,102 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    I really don't think you could get a better director for this. I was excited about Matthew Vaughan doing it, who they say was their 3rd choice (behind Spielberg and Abrams), but it now appears he'll be doing the Justice League movie.
  8. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,558 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    JJ Abrams? The talentless hack responsible for the laughably bad Star Trek reboot?

:(
  9. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,520 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    I liked it but, never watched Star Trek......so
  10. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Well-Known Member

1,255 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Abrams is not the direction I would have gone. He'll have lots of battles and explosions but that's not what made Star Wars great.
  11. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,609 Messages
    2,168 Likes Received
    Agree, it was character development IMO.

On a side note, too many Star Wars movies can't be a bad thing :)
  12. theogt

44,102 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    The almost universally loved, critically acclaimed, blockbuster hit, Star Trek reboot? Yes, that's him.
  13. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,291 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    There are so many stories that can be spawned from the Star Wars universe. You could do several on the early years of Han Solo alone. They wouldn't even have to be part of the story arc of the movies that are out there now.

You could do origin stories on a lot of characters.

I actually thinking getting it out of Lucas' hands is a good thing.
  14. coogrfan

1,558 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    That's the one; a poorly written and directed attempt to make a dumbed down version of Trek that would be palatable to the same movie going masses who paid to see the execrable Robert Downey Jr "Sherlock Holmes Action Hero" movies. "Kids today don't want to see a bunch of boring old dudes standing around in drawing rooms talking -- they want ACTION!!! THINGS GOING BOOM!!!" .

Star Trek has traditionally been a character driven drama with strong action/adventure elements. The reboot was nothing more than "Transformers in Outer Space". All style, no substance--sound and fury (and lens flare, lots and lots of lens flare) signifying nothing.

Ironically enough, one of the stars of the new Trek movie (Benedict Cumberbatch) has starred in a tv reboot of Sherlock Holmes that proved it was possible to make classic literary characters appealing to modern viewers without completely abandoning the things that made said characters interesting in the first place.
  15. coogrfan

1,558 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    As do I...but handing Star Wars over to JJ "Michael Bay lite" Abrams is not the direction I would have gone.
  16. theogt

44,102 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    Your opinion is in the extreme minority. Extreme.
  17. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,226 Messages
    1,437 Likes Received
    This.

I'm a huge Star Trek fan, and I thought the reboot was EXCELLENT!

Quite possibly the best Star Trek media I've ever seen. I'm hoping that they bring these actors and crew in to create a tv series continuing from the 2nd moving.
  18. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I thought it was good too. I have never seen any of the series, and don't plan on watching them.
  19. REDVOLUTION

25,286 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received

Yeah I would like that too. Han and his adventures, getting a Wookie for co-pilot. His "scoundrel" adventures :)
  20. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,603 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    Are you talking about the most recent Star Trek movie? :huh:

I liked that movie, and I thought the character development was great. We must not be talking about the same movie are we?