1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

New to Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Madzo, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Madzo

Madzo The Gunshow

336 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's my first time playing Fantasy Football. I made a mistake by not drafting a top RB in the 1st and 2nd rounds. The top 10 RB's have been taken. So I need some advice as to whom I should take. The following players are still available and been thinking about drafting, Should I go with M. Faulk, Rudi Jonhson, Domanik Davis, or Travis Henry?

Don't know about Henry with McGahee in the wings. Or Faulk as well with Steven Jackson. I'm Thinking R. Johnson will have a good year, aswell as D.Davis.

your thoughts?
  2. Gibby!

Gibby! Pom Pom Waving Shill

1,508 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Henry should be the starter this year (It's his last contract year right?) McGahee will get the odd carries, I don't think Buffalo is totally sold on his recovery right now..

If you get Faulk, make sure you get Jackson. Faulk has a history.

Johnson is a starter and is playing for a new longer contract. Watch him closely if no one grabs him.

Davis was solid last year (I had him). Not sure of his status this year though.

Anyway you look at it, your not going to get many points with those guys, unless Johnson or Davis are phenoms and/or Faulk either plays to potential, or gets injured and you have Jackson waiting on the bench. (This is my strategy this year. Bet on the injuries because my draft sucked... Ricky Williams #1 overall! grrr!)