1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

New York Giants Keeping Close Eye on University at Albany Quarterback Dan Di Lella

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 30, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    March 27th, 2012 at 1:59 PM
    By Dan Benton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrX1-k8L8Ro&feature=player_embedded
    [youtube]PrX1-k8L8Ro&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
    The New York Giants love developmental quarterbacks. They see eventual value in them as backups and/or potential trade pieces, and haven't been shy about drafting or signing them. In 2004, they signed undrafted rookie free agent Jared Lorenzen out of Kentucky. During the 2008 NFL Draft, the team selected Andre Woodson, also out of Kentucky, in the 6th round. And we all know about how they've held onto Ryan Perrilloux, whom they initially signed on January 13th, 2011. More recently, they've been keeping a close eye on University at Albany quarterback Dan Di Lella.

On March 8th, Di Lella participated at Fordham's Pro Day, and really wowed the scouts in attendance. Among them was a Big Blue scout. "Di Lella looks just as good if not better than guys like Aaron Corp of Richmond, and Bo Levi Mitchell of Eastern Washington," the scout said.

Despite tremendous success at Albany, the 6'5'', 225 lbs. local prospect didn't initially think about the NFL in his future plans. It wasn't until the Arizona Cardinals called requesting game tape that he realized he had a chance to reach the next level. And despite rapidly shooting up the draft boards, Di Lella seems content in the event that he goes undrafted.
  2. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    dandelion ... really
  3. interestedobserver

interestedobserver New Member

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, I can sleep better tonight knowing who the Giants may draft in the seventh round.
  4. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  5. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,561 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    Wow, I live in Albany and there is zero buzz on the guy.
  6. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,590 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Where? Do you live in Albany or the surrounding area like Bethlehelm or Guilderland? I am only asking because I lived about 40 minutes away from Albany.
  7. punit328

punit328 Active Member

699 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    upstate NY in the house :bow:
  8. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trying to remember the last time they traded one.
  9. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Well they already have the best QB in the galaxy, so why not use a 7th on him. He can be the guy that holds Eli's cap on the sidelines.

/off