1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Newman explains fighting with Sensabuagh

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by dcfanatic, Nov 15, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,075 Messages
    2,503 Likes Received
    Recap for those of us on mobile devices?
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,504 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    Well, I've tried watching it on your site and on Foxsports and had no luck with either one.
  4. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,636 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    yeah i had to refresh a fewtime on dc site to get it to come up.

he says that the problem was that the defensive play calls were comin in late, and so in turn sensabaugh wasnt having enough time to relay the play to him. mentioned that on a few of the prior plays he didnt know the call at all and was just out there playing.

on a side note, he mentions there are snipers at the games? is that true? (when he was talking about the power outage and potential causes he mentioned that once the lights were out he was worried becuase he about the snipers in the stadium. Law enforcement sniprs, for clarity.)

and also, he says that barring injury Dez will be a hall of famer.
  5. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Newman; i am good u?

newman; on wade being fired, after loss to green bay, jerry had like the last straw and see if jason can get the ship righted, we felt bad for most part, because of what we havent been doing, sometimes chance is necessary

newman, he layed everything out first day, very detailed and goal oriented and demanded us to do things, execute in practice and in games, out there, like guys jump, saying we cant have that, get another guy in there, same thing on defense, coaching it all;

newman; weve always had a good relationship, i call him red, because he is redheaded, and you can talk to him and he treats everyone fairly

newman,; we were energized, we had effort in every game, but we just didnt get it done, we tweaked some things in game, and worked on some things to stop them we saw like in practice

newman, dez is special, as long as healthy will be a hall of famer, you see what he does on the field, done that since day one, great ball skills, great run after catch and i havent seen a player like that with his skills since i came into the game

newman; we got into it, we werent getting calls, 3 plays i didnt get call at all, so we all go over and gerald didnt get calls either, and we were mad, something stupid, but gotover it

newman; we need to throw some punches at other team, not each other

newman, im not surprised at all about jason, he is smart, ivy league, played qb, and u expect that, he is a football coach;

when power went out; i was wondering if someone in stands in dark getting it in, and when lights came on was a fight; snipers in stadiums, even snipers cant do anything, so i got behind some linemen, number 1 thing crossed my mine, son of ben laden at it again;

thats about it;
  6. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i posted it for u hostile;
  7. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I think it was ridiculous. Dumb and dumber type move by two vets...I really think Red will fine them and keep it under wraps. That high school horse crap cost us a time out......and could've come bAck to really bite us. Red will let them know.
  8. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,785 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Jay Glazer is awful. How did he get a show.

Why are the calls coming in so late?
  9. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    thats a real good question buddy :eek:
  10. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    when he was talking about snipers, jaz glazer asked him, what 3 things went through your mind, when the lights went out, one of them was about maybe snipers could be at the game, but they couldnt shoot because of no lights

also, newman said when they turned the lights on, one giants player was flat on the ground, face down, guess he was scared
  11. luvtheboys

luvtheboys Active Member Zone Supporter

462 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I went to the 2nd preseason game at Cowboys Stadium last year. They encouraged the fans to stick around and watch the post game press conferences on the video board, so I hung around for a while after the game ended (although the ushers clearly wanted to go home and were giving us the bum's rush). As we were finally leaving the stadium we saw a bunch of big, tough looking cops patrolling the stadium. Then we saw a pair of soldiers in cammo walk by. One of them was carrying the biggest, baddest looking sniper rifle and scope I have ever seen (including TV and movies). I am completely ignorant about firearms, so I can't tell you anything about what kind of rifle it was but I can tell you that all of the cops were looking at them in awe.
  12. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,412 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Wow they are still on alert in the NY area. I was there about 3 yrs ago for New Years and they (Cops) were jumpy and paranoid. They wouldn't let me walk through a certain area to get to my freaken hotel room with my wife...
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Shows how sharp Tnew is; first thing he thought of was getting behind a big lineman. good survival instinct.
  14. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,253 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    Blame Campo and/or Maxie.
  15. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received

:laugh2: :lmao2:

When I read that part, that was what I was thinking! Now, that's funny....

:D
  16. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,712 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The Giants were in no-huddle.
  17. 5Stars

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received

Communication...

Garrett will get that fixed. They won't have a problem like that again. The coach will make sure the signal comes in.

:star:
  18. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,267 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    I actually think this is a good thing. I don't care if it cost us a time out. Its not the players fault for not getting the calls in. Yet they would probably be the one to be blamed if a TD happens on that play. If anything else, blame the coaches. They need to be on the ball and focused on what's going on as well and not only the players.

Secondly, this thing where we were fighting is a good thing. I like when players push each other around and grab and claw at each other getting pissed. This means they aren't happy with what's going on as well and want improvements to the system. Sure it cost us a time out. So what? I rather it be just a time out rather than a touchdown.
  19. 5Stars

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received

:bow:

Nice....
  20. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,988 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Thats interesting right there because Steve Dennis said on Galloway and Company today that the player who did that was Alan Ball and Steve said they asked him either yesterday, after the game, or today why he was doing that and he said he really didn't know. He said all the lights went out and he just hit the deck.