News: Newman gets advice from primetime

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by DeWare94, Sep 25, 2006.

1. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

958 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    i was watching NFL Gameday on NFL network and Primetime said he was on the airport on the way to LA and sees Terence Newman, and they were talking about punts and newman said he likes to take it right down the middle and prime told him to make one cut and take it down the middle, i'm sure that's not the only advice he was given
  2. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Newman has done just fine w/o any of Deion's advice.

No need to listen now. Deion just likes to hear himself talk.
  3. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,579 Messages
    483 Likes Received
    Newman isn't above receiving advice from one of THE BEST IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME.:rolleyes:
  4. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,228 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    What is the MAIN difference between Prime Time and Newman?

Newman can tackle!
  5. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

958 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    i love how primetime gives newman some advice and is the bad guy because of it
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,764 Messages
    773 Likes Received

Yeah cuz we wouldn't want our good players to actually get BETTER.

Hey, Terence, you're already pretty good so don't take advice from one of the best CBs/Punt returners ever to lace 'em up.

And that deserves another ... :rolleyes:
  7. mbanx

mbanx New Member

851 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    God lets hope it is not on public behavior or how to be an analyst.
  8. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,781 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    Lets hope his advice works better for Newman that it did for Devin Hester. Seriously though I like Newman but Deion he isnt.

COWBOYSNUM1 Active Member

632 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    You don't have to tackle if noone is throwing your way. I really like Newman but he is not the corner or punt returner that Deion was. Anytime Deion touched the ball you knew that there was a good chance he was going to take it all the way.
  10. dallasfan

dallasfan New Member

978 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, there's also some speed, not to mention better ball skills and an overall better awareness.
  11. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're crazy if you think Deion is interested in helping anyone but himself.
    You're also crazy if you don't realize that Deion was one of the best because of his God given physical abilities, not his knowledge or technique.

"advice" from ex-playeers is overrated.
  12. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Darren Woodson has stated on a number of occasions, that Deion was one of the smartest players he knew becasue he watched more film than anyone. His technique maybe wasn't the best, but his knowlege of the game and what WR/QB were trying to do against him is an underrated stat. Per Woody
  13. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,871 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    And Deion could turn his head, intercept the damned ball, and take it back for a TD-- an alien concept to Newman.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

84,316 Messages
    7,234 Likes Received
    I agree. Deion is a showman and at times a loud mouth but he is also one of the best I have ever seen play the game. Anytime an all time great wants to pass on some advice take it.
  15. Doomsday101

84,316 Messages
    7,234 Likes Received
    Deion was one of the hardest workers he was not great just because of physical talent. The guy would watch hours of film and break down WR's and QB's and would find their tendency and weakness and would exploit that weakness. He had a rep as some party guys yet players he played with would say Deion would stay up in his room on road trips just watching tape of the upcoming opponent. Great players do have great ability but almost to a man the great ones are the best because they work on their skills and know how to get the most out of it.
  16. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

25,497 Messages
    3,765 Likes Received
    I keep on hearing how bad a tackler Deion was.

Can someone share with me a time when Deion's tackling was a liability? :confused:

It's kind of like the Vick is a running QB and not a passer argument.

If he's winning, so what?

If teams didn't throw on Deion's side because they feared his INT and return ability, so what?

If he wasn't challenged to make a tackle because of that fear factor, so what?
  17. godofwar

godofwar Member

182 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Where he was challenged to make a tackle was in the run game. Teams liked to stretch runs to his side.

I don't remember him missing an inordinate amount of tackles though. He seemed to employ the "block tackling" technique that Watkins was scolded for earlier. Deion would basically throw his body at the runner's legs. That, I'm sure, led to missed tackles. It also just appears weak, which lent to his reputation of not liking to tackle.
  18. Doomsday101

84,316 Messages
    7,234 Likes Received
    I always thought that was pretty funny. Deion was never the type who would make the big hits but he would bring down the ball carrier when he would make the catch which was seldom. Even on run support while it may not have been a thing of beauty he would still either make the tackle or control the ball carrier until help arrived
  19. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

12,680 Messages
    3,891 Likes Received
    Let's hope it was all football advise.
    I wonder if he gave advice on how to "not" pay for yuor car repairs. Because a "higher" power said not to pay.
  20. stealth

stealth Benched

4,882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    if you read the story it didnt happen like that.

so many are quick to dog on deion but I know if I was as blessed as he was I would be the same way. You don't see the videos of deion making speeches to kids to stay in school and don't screw up. You don't see him coaching his kids in sports. The guy is a decent to good person and just cause he was honest about being as good as he was the world has labeled him a blow hard and self promoter. its not arrogance if what you say is real.