1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: NewsOK: Bryant talks about life after OSU (Q&A)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 5, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,051 Likes Received
    By Bill Haisten - Tulsa WorldOklahoman [IMG]0Published: June 5, 2011

TULSA — Dating to October 2009, Dez Bryant has dealt with a litany of setbacks.
    When the NCAA recommended a one-year suspension, his Oklahoma State junior’s season ended after only three games. In effect, his college career was finished as Bryant opted to enter the NFL Draft.

On Saturday, Bryant returned to Oklahoma, making a 90-minute appearance at the Dillard’s store in Tulsa’s Woodland Hills Mall.

The event drew a large crowd of autograph-seekers. Bryant was not outfitted with excessive jewelry. Hanging from a chain around his neck was a seemingly modest medallion.
    During an interview session with reporters, the 22-year-old Bryant addressed a variety of issues:

Read the Q&A: http://newsok.com/bryant-talks-about-life-after-osu/article/3574466#ixzz1OPoztv4l
  2. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting. Everything I've ever read about this kid points to him being a sincere well intentioned person. I really hope he's able to be successful.
  3. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,374 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    He is, he's just had some bad influences. Before he was ever drafted by Dallas I worked a hotel front desk to get me through my sophmore year of school. I live in Tyler, TX which is pretty close to Lufkin, his hometown. I'm his age and I caught a lot of crap at that job as I'm sure anyone that has ever worked in customer service can appreciate. I knew who Dez was as soon as he walked in because our high schools played in the same football division and I had seen him play at OSU. He called me sir, which is always weird to me since I was in my early 20's. I just got the impression that he was raised honestly and was an overall nice guy.

As I was finishing up on the computer I looked down and just nonchalantly asked him, "So, why'd you have to go hang out with Deion?". He looked surprised at first and then just started laughing. We talked about it for a few minutes and it was all in fun. I honestly didn't think we had a shot to get him then, wish I could have predicted that.