1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Nexus Prime

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Jenky, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,943 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    Rumor has it, it may be exclusive to Verizon. :bang2:
    What say you?
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I just read a rumor that it is going to be big 4.6" screen, 720p Super AMOLED "HD" display, 5MP cameras on front and 8MP in back, 1GB memory, 32GB storage, TI's OMAP4460 dual-core proc at either 1.2Ghz or 1.5Ghz. (I would think 1.2Ghz)

Curved front glass. (see pic below)

Though, it's supposed to have Google's Ice Cream Sandwich on it. (ie, not tweaked by the phone companies)

[IMG]

Sounds pretty cool, but 4.6" display makes for a large phone. Not sure I want something that large as my phone.
  3. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,840 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    It looks like the specs may be even better. From Engadget:

4. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,108 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    from what I read we want the 1.5GHz Exynos over the OMAP

Exynos:
    30% more efficient (less battery draw)
    less heat

Nov 4th - Droid Prime / Verizon

I am hoping

My Droid X is getting old and laggy
  5. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    This is a POSSIBLE leak of the beauty....might be rendered though..

I just bought a Thunderbolt less than 6 months ago, damn...

[IMG]
  6. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    If that would be the case, this phone would have almost every top of the line spec out there.
  7. TOYSTER17

TOYSTER17 Pimpstocious and Pimpalicious

348 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Definite photoshop.
  8. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,222 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I'd hit it...
  9. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The side view looks like the Samsung pic they released of it.
  10. Air Force One

Air Force One Active Member

1,809 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I've got a Thunderbolt myself, came from a Nexus One. I'm interested in the Prime but my concern is that at 4.6in and curved that much that pocketing it will be almost impossible.
  11. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This might be the phone I've been waiting for that breaks my Crackberry addiction.
  12. TOYSTER17

TOYSTER17 Pimpstocious and Pimpalicious

348 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Yeah that's definitely real. What I meant to say was the rest of it is just a render. I know this pic was going around and there were lots of people thinking this was a leak of the Nexus Prime. They even have that side view that was released in the Samsung video upside down.
  13. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    How does the Thunderbolt compare to the Nexus One? I know a guy that has one, but I haven't really looked at it.

I've looked at a few phones out, but haven't yet found one that I thought was worthy to replace my Nexus One. (considering my Nexus One still does everything that I do with ease)

The Prime sounds awesome, but it might be a little large for my tastes.
  14. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Sounds like Samsung and Google have decided to delay the release just a bit. I think it might have something to do with the iPhone4 being released and the death of Jobs.

Some also seem to speculate that they've decided to reveal it in NY (a week later) rather than in San Diego on the 11th.
  15. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,943 Messages
    375 Likes Received
  16. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,840 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Dang. I was really really looking into getting a Windows Mango device, but this looks pretty awesome. I'll have to wait and see. :)
  17. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Windows Mango has a lot of catch up I feel. I have been hearing good things about Mango, but it just doesn't compare yet to Honeycomb or whats about to blow the doors down, Ice Cream Sandwich.

Compare those phones w/ Mango so something like this Nexus Prime.

That dog won't hunt..
  18. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,238 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    What the heck is the ice cream sandwich? Is that better than the prime?
  19. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Its the next version of Android OS. The system that runs on the Nexus Prime. :D

Dang...just got a message that Google and Samsung have canceled the Oc 11th unveiling of this phone and Googles new Android ICS.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2394290,00.asp#fbid=28xqZNvf8li

Google and Samsung have reportedly postponed an October 11 event that was expected to include the launch of Android "Ice Cream Sandwich" and the Samsung Nexus Prime smartphone.

In a statement provided to Engadget and SlashGear, which reportedly came from Samsung's U.K. division, the companies said: "Samsung and Google decide to postpone the new product announcement at CTIA Fall. We agree that it is just not the right time to announce a new product. New date and venue will be shortly announced."

Samsung officials in the U.S, when reached, said they could not currently confirm or deny the Samsung U.K. statement, but the Samsung later posted it on its global blog.

Phandroid speculated the event delay might be related to the passing of Apple chief Steve Jobs, but nothing has been confirmed.
  20. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,238 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Oh, one last question..what's the resolution? That's important to me. Hopefully it's better than the iPhone 4..iPhone 4 resolution is pretty darn good though.