1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFC East by position-QB

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jobberone, Jul 4, 2013.

?

Rank the starting QBs in the NFC East

Poll closed Jul 11, 2013.
Dallas-Romo 124 vote(s) 64.6%
NYG-Manning 38 vote(s) 19.8%
Philly-Vick 1 vote(s) 0.5%
Wash-Griffin 29 vote(s) 15.1%
  1. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Active Member

638 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I saw someone say that the Giants just asked Eli not to mess it up during the two Super Bowls. I just wanted to know why that person doesn't watch the Super Bowl at all?
  2. Big Blue Joe

Big Blue Joe Member

130 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Objectively, the 2007 Cowboys were a much better team than the 2007 Giants. The Cowboys had 13 Pro Bowlers that season including 3 OL, a RB, and a WR. Even if it were true that the Giants had the more talented team over the last 7 seasons, Eli's has already shown he can lead an inferior team to victory against better teams (e.g. 2011 Packers(15-1) or 2007 Patriots (18-0)) in the playoffs. I think he'd do OK with the Cowboys. I'm not convinced that Romo would be more successful if he played for the Giants.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,758 Messages
    8,531 Likes Received
    Bah. That 2007 team had capable QB play, but they won because their pass rush collapsed the other teams' OLs. It was impressive to watch, but I'm completely convinced Romo could have done a similar job in the same circumstance. He's a better player.

At the end of the day, though, it doesn't matter. As long as your guy is good enough to win it all with--and you've done it twice, that's all that really counts.
  4. skinsfan10

skinsfan10 New Member

11 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm guessing no one on this forum watched any football last year. Hysterical!!!
  5. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

40,011 Messages
    4,968 Likes Received
    Why to you say that? I assume its due to RG not getting enough votes. I think most of want to see how he returns and how teams play the guy this year. I don't think he'll be able to run like he did last year although I still expect him to enough to keep the threat. We'll see. I don't think he's one dimensional.
  6. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,282 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...lumpbusters-robert-griffin-iii-052925506.html

Link for rest

I think it is forgotten just how good RG3 was from the pocket and under center in "traditional" sets.

I am looking forward to seeing how the Shanahans expand the offense from the pocket this year
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,758 Messages
    8,531 Likes Received
    He says it because he's a Sk*ns fan, and he wants some attention on a Cowboys board.
  8. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

40,011 Messages
    4,968 Likes Received
    I like the player and think he'll take a lot of game planning. I'm not sure he'll be as productive as last year but we'll see. I do not consider him a run only threat and I think Morris et al can still run the ball. However, I expect his production to go down as teams play the read option better. We'll see. And yes he led the league in YPA and I think the Skins were at or near the top in YPC.
  9. Woody Runner

Woody Runner New Member

15 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think I'd have to agree with this sentiment. An argument can be made for Romo, Manning, and Griffin. If I was forced to Rank them now it would be Manning, Romo, Griffin, Vick. Griffin with the biggest upside and possibility to be a great. I really think RGIII is awesome.
  10. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,399 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    I would rank them in this order...
    Manning (2 time super bowl mvp)
    RG3
    Romo
    Vick
  11. slaga

slaga Member

214 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I agree with a little fix to your post.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,448 Messages
    2,175 Likes Received
    I'd probably go with this:

Eli
    Tony
    RGIII
    Vick.

Regardless, skins on the wall mean something IMO and there are no bigger skins then Super Bowl wins in the NFL.

If RGIII can manage to stay healthy and continue to develop, this list might be changing real soon.
  13. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,399 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    lol @ that.
  14. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,477 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Well, that is biased, but there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone is biased. We're fans. Some admit to the bias and some overcompensate in the other direction in an attempt to be unbiased, but we are all fans and human. Being truly objective is near impossible.

That said, I think the HUGE asterisk you elaborated on with RG3 means that he's below Romo and Eli right now. Thats just how I see it at this time. those points you brought up are the exact reason he's rated lower now. This time next year, he may very well be the best in the division. He has a ton of potential, has shown quite a bit as a rookie and is also an impressive human being. That last part is frustrating for me as a Cowboy fan since I want to hate him. I have no desire to admire a Redskin, but it seems I have no choice.
    ABQCOWBOY likes this.