1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFC East Cream of The Crop

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Afigueroa22, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    With the Redskins trading up to grab RG3, the division has presumably become increasingly harder to win. The NFC East has always been one of the most competitive to win, especially recently, and now we will have competition for years to come. I personally enjoy and welcome this challenge from the Redskins. Romo, Vick, Eli, and Robert will make next season an unforgettable one. I fully expected the browns to nab him since they had two first round picks this year so I never watch tape on the guy.

Does anybody have insight on how this guy works and weaknesses/strengths?
  2. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I'm not a fan of the RB/QB types
  3. phildominator

phildominator Member

672 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    RG III's weakness = Demarcus Ware

:laugh2:
  4. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,148 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    back to the 1 player mentality, yes with RG3 the Redskins will now sweep the division, take out all NFL teams and forever change the league in how anything is done. This 1 player turns football into ROBO FOOTBALL and non others can compete.
  5. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received

Well played sir.
  6. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I am a bit more capable of recognizing sarcasm then Sheldon Cooper.
    Football is a team sport but with the right players things can change. Both of our games against the Redskins were close and the difference could very well be the number 2 overall pick. Althoooough, with Decastro leading the way for Murray this kid will have to have a better year than Cam to beat us. :)
  7. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    You do realize just how much they gave up for him, right? The Redskins traded equivalent (or more) long-term value elsewhere to get their QB, and are still a 6-10 caliber team until proven otherwise.
  8. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    You do realize that they are very much under the cap this year and the next couple. Don't be surprised if they make a run at Mario or Nicks. They have shown they are not afraid to build through FA and there losing streak isn't gonna go on forever.
  9. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Skins drafted 12 people last year ( a lot of promising talent that no ones heard of yet), and still have a lot of picks this year.

They're just missing their second pick, but they've still got a lot of picks this year - they received picks from trading Haynesworth and J.Campbell.

They'll be hurting next year and the year after, with no first rounder.

I bet they're very aggressive in FA. I think they'll grab Vincent Jackson (they've been trying to trade for him the last few years) and Eddie Royal (drafted by Shanahan).
    It will be much easier now to bring in receivers now that they have a relevant QB

Obviously they need offensive lineman too, but oline progressed as season went on, especially in running game.
  10. Romo2Bryant4Six

Romo2Bryant4Six Member

692 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Landry walks then theyll have a big hole at safety,I believe Atogwe was benches last year ( and he's been injured a lot his career)

Outside of deangelo hall, their corners are suspect

Offensive line is shaky

Running backs are a position on the skins I would say they are set at(Hightower/helu/royster)

Not sold on Leonard hankerson/Jabari gaffney/Santana moss

Linebackers are a good set as long as Fletcher can continually produce/lead

Bowen/carriker/Jenkins/ Young defensive front, well have to see how they pan out (coefield had a good year)

I think if we can address our needs, having a Veteran quarterback will prove to be the difference maker
  11. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree, Landry is gone, Atogwe doesn't look like a good signing.

Runningbacks are solid: Helu, Royster, Hightower

Gotta hope Fletcher comes back (word is, he wanted the skins to get a QB).

Skins secondary is just "ok".

The receivers I like: Hankerson (played well then got injured), Armstrong (was always wide open deep, Rex would under-throw him every time). Also have two TE's in Davis and Cooley.
    Davis can catch, and I don't think Cooley is done.
  12. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Hall is also suspect
  13. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,815 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    This is simply a return to the norm. Giants are defending super bowl champions, we are the Cowboys and the Eagles always field a good team. Redskins have been the laughing stock of the division for a decade and now with RG3 we are just restoring the division to it's glory.
  14. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Redskins are going to suck just like they always do.

They are the doormat franchise in the division.

This latest off-seasons splash will fail to do anything just like all their others.

And this time they mortgaged their future to accomplish it. Hahaha.
  15. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received

Do not write them off just yet, they usually play spoiler to all of us in the division. You can usually disregard their season standings when we play them. Go back to the superbowl years and you will see some L's in the W/L column thanks to them.
  16. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,189 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Josh Wilson is better than Hall...
  17. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,189 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I enjoy reading these types of posts... :)
  18. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,631 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Me too, cause they're true. Every year y'all are the "off season" CHAMPS making all the noise and in the headlines then you finish DEAD LAST in the division. As I see it, y'all are right on track.
  19. slaga

slaga Member

214 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    So which team in the NFCE has no Lombardi's? It would have to be the Redskins right?
  20. Afigueroa22

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received

Good point. For those who don't know, it's the Eagles.