1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFC East Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Draft Day Zone' started by Hostile, Apr 20, 2012.

1. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    As long as your QB is also not your leading rusher
  2. interestedobserver

interestedobserver New Member

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I keep hearing the opposite. Wilson is a good athlete, yet raw and was a reach for the first round. After that, they got pretty good value considering where they were drafting.
  3. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Depends whos review you get a hold of :) ...and just because a million flies eat *&^% doesn't mean it's right.

Is it wrong of me to fear Philly and Dallas more than the Super Bowl Champions? Every year I feel the Giants are about to implode and then they get hot in the playoffs and win another championship.

I think people are usually a year or two off with their predictions (examples: Lions and Cardinals being sleepers every year before finally getting good, sanfran being considered a contender two years ago--before finally becoming one, and then Philly getting a dominant defense/secondary and being considered a dream team last year...).

I look for Philly to be the team to beat this year, and it looks like they had another solid draft.
  4. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,415 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    I doubt that. Unless Cousins outperforms him the entire post season but than again...I still doubt it.
  5. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    picking Walsh was a very stupid and wasted pick by Johnson--of course that had to be Jones' pick since it was a very bad one
  6. slaga

slaga Member

214 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    So you think the Skins are going to make it to the post season? :D
  7. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Based on what we as fans know and the resources we have access to, Philadelphia just flat out nailed this draft.

I have to keep checking to see if they somehow had more picks than they really did.

Their last three picks are impressive. It's ridiculous.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,972 Messages
    9,067 Likes Received
    After digesting it for a while I'd rank it like this....

1. Philadelphia - Love the Cox, Curry, Boykin and Washington selections.

2. Dallas - It might seem odd since I've lambasted our approach but I didn't think much of the other two teams. Crawford, Wilber and Coale are intriguing picks. Who the heck knows about Matt Johnson? A reach but maybe worth it with his skill set.

3. N.Y. Giants - People love to just assume they had a great draft. I don't see it. I love the Randle pick but not much else. Mosley's worth keeping an eye on.

4. Washington - This could be a turning point for the franchise if they're right on the QB. They also added a couple of nice OL late, but I just can't like a class that has cost you two future 1st rounders.
  9. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think that is a pretty accurate analysis however I am not at all as high on Cox as many others are...I think he has a real problem with holding his ground and he seems a bit too passive at times to me... I am admittedly a homer and would probably give Dallas the edge but I can see the argument for Philly. All in all I believe all the teams helped themselves.

The Giants last year did not get much help from austin or prince due to injuries so they may be better than before just from having last years picks being able to play.

Washington has had a stout defense for a few years now but their offense has been less than stellar. I expect that to change now having RGIII allows shanny to run the backside boot that he loves so much and with RGIII's speed he could be lethal just running it and the stretch play 80% of the time... throw in a few pass plays to keep the safeties and corners honest and I can see a much improved team.

Philly looks beastly but I still am not sure their secondary problems are solved and the loss of a LT is always hard on a team..if they got those fixed they have to be the division favorites

Dallas is a team on the come..I think any team that plays Dallas has to bring their "A" game now or they won't have a chance to win.
  10. canters

canters Active Member

1,792 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I agree that Dallas is heading in the right direction,,,two years in to the rehab and maybe two more to go. If we can find a replacement for Romo at the end of the next two years, say the in 2014 draft, we could be set for a long run of success and playoff appearances.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, IF RG3 is the real deal and plays well this year, the "Skins will be in every game and could win 7-9 games. Their D is that good.

If Vick plays in 12 to 13 games ( you never know about his health ), the Eagels could win 9-11 games.

The Gmen will underachieve through much of the 2012 season and could miss the playoffs, or win 10-11 games.

IF we can keep Romo protected, and the D progresses greatly from last year, we could compete in every game and win 8-11 games.

The NFC east is tougher than ever, and we have a killer schedule, but so does the rest of the division.

We could win the whole thing, or finish last in the NFC east. Can't wait for the season to start!