1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

NFC East - Thanks Giants, Broncos

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Oct 27, 2013.

1. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

9,437 Messages
    3,971 Likes Received
    You're right, that's closer to the truth of it.
  2. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,893 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    I cant even get happy for the beatdown the Redskins got because my team is so damn mediocre to do anything productive with this weak sauce division.
  3. nickjamesw43

nickjamesw43 Active Member

408 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    I looked at the remaining schedule. IMO there are five key games for Dallas.

Vs. Oakland
    Vs. Minnesota
    Vs. Philadelphia
    Vs. New York
    Vs. Washington

Win those five games and we are pretty much guaranteed playoff a spot. Not one of those teams has a winning record and three of them are last place teams. So it should be doable so long as the trend of beating bad teams we are supposed to beat continues.

As for what we do if we make the playoffs that's a different matter. It's tough to imagine this team winning anything but I suppose stranger things have happened.
  4. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,990 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure other team's forum posters are saying the similar things.

"Hey at least the cowboys lost and we are only xx game out and I'm sure we'll catch them because they always choke in December....yada yada.."
  5. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

41,692 Messages
    5,913 Likes Received
    Well, the hold and being conservative did that not the offensive scheme. Stupid hold and stupid not to go for it IMO. Offense needs to be more consistent and has to be able to run the ball better.

The problems you saw early on were due to the defense playing like KC and Washington did. And we didn't respond well until late with the quick slants and stuff underneath which opened up the long ball and digs.

That's on Garrett and Callahan more so than Romo I think. You'd have to know the calls and how Romo is supposed to read the defenses to criticize him too much. I still suspect Romo didn't handle the pressure well. The OL gave up too much pressure although that gets you back to getting the ball out quickly. It's not that simple when you get into the nuts and bolts.
  6. ehcrossing

ehcrossing Waiting for 6

952 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    We are the prettiest kid on the ugly bus.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

25,951 Messages
    3,688 Likes Received
    Bottom line is the offense did score 30 and got two legit TD scoring drives in the 4th. That should have sealed it.
  8. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,637 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    Either of them would have to play in Dallas. And we know that for this season anyway, the Cowboys are better at home.
  9. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

27,612 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received

Thanks in large part to beating 4 sheet teams.
  10. REDVOLUTION

27,612 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received

4-4 cancels out any chance of 13-3
  11. REDVOLUTION

27,612 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received
    Nov 10 could be

Dal 4-6
    NY 3-6

Ooffaa!
  12. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,494 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    I couldn't understand why Beasley wasn't utilized, why there weren't more slants or dump offs over the middle to Witten or Randle.
  13. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

41,692 Messages
    5,913 Likes Received
    Should have been and burned them making them play us st8 up. Don't know why they didn't start sooner. I was calling for it after the 2nd offensive series.
  14. Shunpike

Shunpike Well-Known Member

902 Messages
    301 Likes Received
    Well turns out Giants aren't dead. Giants D has been good last 2 games. Okay we didn't play elite teams but still not allowing an offensive TD in the last 8 quarters is something. We are facing Raiders at home right after our bye. Depending on what Dallas will do the next 2 weeks, will decide where Giants are headed. If Dallas wins those 2 games, Giants will be off the playoff picture with GB, Seattle, Redskins on the schedule.
  15. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

1,433 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    should win them all. SHOULD. this is where we fail.
  16. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,218 Messages
    239 Likes Received
    The Giant schedule is way too tough for them to make a run, I am very worried about the skins, they were 3-6 last year and came back from the dead, and we still have to play them on the road.
  17. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Well-Known Member

1,433 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    big difference though is that they beat us twice and we had a terrible NFC record.

so far, its in our favor big time.
  18. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

3,579 Messages
    3,951 Likes Received
    You're off anyway. You got 6-10 at best. That ain't getting you nowhere no matter what the Cowboys do.
  19. Shunpike

Shunpike Well-Known Member

902 Messages
    301 Likes Received
    Well I got bad news for you. If Giants D plays like this next 2 games, we can be 1 games behind you when we meet at Metlife. Not that it will happen but it can happen.
  20. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

8,381 Messages
    1,747 Likes Received
    Could also be

DAL 6-4 or 5-5
    NYG 2-7