1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFC exec on Ryan Nassib

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Dec 26, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,793 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    1) Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib (vs. West Virginia, New Era Pinstripe Bowl, Saturday, ESPN, 3:15 p.m. ET): As we mentioned, the 2012 quarterback crop isn't lush, a fact that opens the door for dark horses to rise, and Nassib might be the preeminent dark horse coming out. "He's gonna end up being one of those guys," said one NFC exec. "I like his arm, his release, his mechanics, and he's really strong -- he can throw the (expletive) out of the ball. He's ready, too." The exec continued that he needs to work on "his decision-making; he has such a strong arm, he tries to show it off too much, he needs to work on his finesse game, his touch," but said that while he's seen as a third- or fourth-round pick, Nassib could conceivably go in the second round, particularly considering his experience under Marrone, who was Sean Payton's offensive coordinator with the New Orleans Saints in 2006.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0a...ure-in-doubt-amid-questions-of-games-validity
  2. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    Not a fan of his tbh. He reminds me way too much of Rex Grossman. Same build, same skill set, and eerily similar playing style with the poor decision making. Not saying he's going to be Rex Grossman, just reminds me of him. I hope we draft Tyler Bray in the 3rd but something tells me he'll rise up boards and go in the 2nd. Dallas will probably end up with Landry "choke job" Jones or some other underachieving QB if they wait til the late rounds to draft one.
  3. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I like Nassib, he'd be the perfect QB to sit and learn from Romo and take over when Romo retires.

He already knows the pro offense so that's a plus. His mechanics can be corrected.
  4. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I bet Bray ends up going in the first. If Gabbert and Ponder are first rounders, then Bray's a lock.