1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFC North Draft Picks: Bears, Lions, Packers, & Vikings

Discussion in 'Draft Day Zone' started by Hostile, Apr 1, 2009.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,594 Messages
    3,462 Likes Received
    They're not new. They used to work for Millen...or rather they had different high-level roles in the organization.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,436 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received
    There was never a doubt in my mind he was the pick. Not since last October when it was obvious they were going to have the #1 pick.
  3. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,009 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    41 million guaranteed to a rookie with NO experience, while a top DT sets a record by getting 41M guaranteed. I would rather spend it on a guy with proven experience. Note: I am not arguing for AH getting 41M guaranteed as much as I am that there needs to be a working rookie salary cap
  4. Timbo2st

Timbo2st Benched

1,091 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You would have never thought that it was the hardest struck city in the economy, with this deal.

I can't imagine what the contracts are going to look like in 5 years?
  5. MrMom

MrMom Well-Known Member

1,545 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    rookie pay scale, please.
  6. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,716 Messages
    700 Likes Received
    Heaven forbid the guy gets injured before he even takes a snap....but I guess you can't think that way.
  7. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,977 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    And people in Detroit have no jobs...:eek:
  8. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,315 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    lol what a joke. lions would have been letting the time go and getting stafford say 3 or 4 picks later. or as soon as they got hint of somebody trading.
  9. lewpac

lewpac Benched

1,465 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The continuing Detroit Lion NFL debacle........................

Even IF this guy is worth half what they gave him before a single NFL snap, they have a lot more problems than QB.............

This guy has "sacked and intercepted to death" for two or three years, shipped off to San Fran for a year, playing back up for Tampa, and never heard from again as of 2015.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,822 Messages
    2,923 Likes Received
    I really don't get why the NFL does not have a rookie cap. It just makes for better business for the NFL IMO.
  11. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    This is total insanity...the owners need to get things under control...who is the CEO signing off on this deal -- he needs to have his head examined.

There should be a rookie cap in place for all drafted players...prove yourself at this level first. Take some of the money saved and help retired players with health care, etc. and/or put money into youth programs.
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,252 Messages
    1,991 Likes Received
    Wow, $41 million guaranted before the guy takes a single snap.

And there are guys on here that want to get rid of Romo..............
  13. SharutoX

SharutoX I Love Quiznos

2,193 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Just wow. Hope he's a bust so stupid detroit can realize what a stupid decision they just made
  14. jbsg02

jbsg02 Active Member

1,719 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They really need to fix this system, that kinda money should be reserved for HoFers, not a kid who's never played a down in the NFL.
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,678 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    while it does seem reasonable in light of what other #1 picks have gotten it's still completely absurd to pay that kind of money to someone who's not taken a single NFL snap. The Lions essentially just bought a VERY expensive lottery ticket
  16. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,273 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Unreal, Tony didnt even get that much guaranteed money on his deal did he?
  17. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,320 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    really don't understand why there isn't some sort of cap on rookie salaries, this makes no sense at all
  18. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,552 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    They were in a tough spot, Stafford was their best move. Would hate to be eating that contract the year before a capless year.
  19. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The NFL needs a rookie salary cap in the worst way.
  20. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,169 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    No joke. Its ridiculous, and every owner knows it. You have to wonder why they haven't implemented a rookie cap yet. No team is even willing to move up in the draft to the top 5 picks because the money is so ridiculous. That should tell you something right there.

That being said, could you imagine having $230 in your checking account yesterday morning, and by yesterday evening have a 78 million dollar contract? Geez, how do you even sleep for a week?

The list of things I would buy would single handidly rebound this country's economy. I'd be like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber. And I'd love every minute of it.