1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFCE Blog: Embarrassing Eagles are now done

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by viman96, Nov 13, 2011.

1. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,666 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    By Dan Graziano

Well, that'll do it for the 2011 Philadelphia Eagles. Another blown fourth-quarter lead at home to a team they should have beaten. Sunday's loss to the John Skelton Arizona Cardinals was their worst yet, and it dropped their record to 3-6. You don't fall apart and lose to the Cardinals at home and rebound to make the playoffs. Not when so much has already gone wrong and you arrived at the must-win-every-game portion of your season three weeks ago. The Eagles are going to have to win every one of their remaining seven games just to have a chance to make the postseason, and the problem with that is that they're just not very good at winning games.

More...
  2. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Out of their last 7 i see 4 more losses.

In all honesty, how many teams have made the playoffs with 6 losses before Thanksgiving???
  3. mrla

mrla A Passion for the Star

235 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They are still in a position to do some serious damage to our playoff aspirations
  4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....just how the F_ _ _ did we lost to these guys? HOW?
  5. CowboysFanSince88

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I'm sorry I don't understand
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I know, these jokers could be 2-7 right now
  7. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,418 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    looking bleak but unless they get 8 losses, I will not count them out.
  8. CowboysFanSince88

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    They have 6 losses 2 weeks before thanksgiving and they won't get 8? They will get number 7 next week
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    this is not the NFC west of years past when you could win the division at 8-8 or 7-9. So yes they are toast.
  10. mrla

mrla A Passion for the Star

235 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because they smoked us once and almost always play us tough...despite any losing record thay may have. It is not inconceivable for them to beat us again.
  11. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,315 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    It's pretty obvious to me and been that way. They had an extra week to prepare for us, especially our defense and they specifically figured out a lot of our defensive plays/alignments. They knew what we were doing on almost every play while our defense was on the field. If you noticed they haven't played that well on offense all season before and after that game. We also haven't looked that bad on defense before and after that game. That was a perfect game/gameplan by them.

Also I am pretty sure fans of almost every NFL team besides the Packers is saying the same thing 'how the f did we lose to them'. I know the Ravens are one of those teams.
  12. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,871 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Let's not forget that the last time they played us, they beat us like a rented mule. Our players will remember and hopefully respond like they should.
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,238 Messages
    1,091 Likes Received
    Is anybody not expecting the Giants to put them out of their misery on Sunday Night?

That's absolutely what I expect will happen.

The Cowboys will still need to take care of business against them, but any playoff aspirations that anyone may still have will be extinguished on Sunday Night.

Hopefully, by the time we play them again, they will have completely melted down making the job easier.

That said, the Cowboys just need to take care of their own business when the time comes.
  14. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,796 Messages
    687 Likes Received
    They'll have 7 on Sunday night and that will effectively shut the door on their season. It will all but assure they end the year with at least 8 because Dallas is going to beat them when they come to Dallas in December.
  15. CowboysFanSince88

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    They will have 7 or 8 losses by time they play on Thursday Night, 12/1/11. Even if they win on Sunday Night they have to face Tom Brady the following week.