1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: NFL: Brandon Weeden: I tried to do too much with Browns...w/audio

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Apr 6, 2014.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    SMH
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    You are overlooking his entire point while making an attempt to be right. It is a matter of an older player being more mature and handling like a grown man instead of a 23 year old kid. The mental transition should be much easier for a mature man.
    Tawney88 likes this.
  3. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,704 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Copying is a huge form of flattery. I always knew you were my biggest fan. Smh!!!
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,291 Messages
    4,609 Likes Received
    You two take your love talk to a hotel room and leave it off the board.
    DCBoysfan and chagus like this.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I think Weeden knows how to conduct himself as a grown man but does not change the fact that what is taking place and the speed in which it happens in the NFL is much different than in college football. I'm sure in many ways Weeden is a much more mature man than a kid but unless you have been under fire in the NFL before you really have no clue as to what you are walking into. As a pocket passer he is not going to free-lance like a Wilson or Kap or RGIII he has to make the read find the target and put it on the spot. As a #1 pick I do understand a guy coming in and trying to do too much or force passes that he should not have. Weeden is getting a low cost look by the Cowboys if he can settle down and let the game come to him instead of forcing things then he has the ability.
  6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,285 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received

I remember that beautiful pass hutch made to the right sidelines that was quickly returned for a pick six... Ahhh, like it was yesterday. Lol
    BigStar likes this.
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Nope. Read through it again. And you are being entirely disingenuous if you think that the mental transition is "easier."

NOTHING is easy, regardless of age.
  8. wilatino_98

wilatino_98 Member

172 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I think these players coming into the nfl got to be in the right scheme, with the right coaching .
  9. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,398 Messages
    863 Likes Received

Hear! Hear!
  10. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,445 Messages
    653 Likes Received
    Weeden is still very young in terms of NFL experience and that means a lot. He's not the only QB to have had a hard time being thrown to the wolves with an inferior team. With that in mind, I'm perfectly willing to give him a pass until such time as he's had a chance to prove himself (or not) with the Cowboys. At least he should be afforded a proper amount of time to learn the system and develop into what we'd like to see him be. In the meantime, he'll afford us a camp arm to relieve Romo of that undue risk. His signing wouldn't be a bad deal at all if he can simply prove to be a reasonably decent backup, given time to develop properly.
  11. dbonham

dbonham Active Member

309 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Tactful way to say "I was just a turd out there"
  12. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,274 Messages
    2,467 Likes Received
    You say that now. Last night, it was a different story.
  13. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,274 Messages
    2,467 Likes Received
    Weeden is going to rock with us. Just watch.
  14. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,593 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    I am hoping we draft someone like Aaron Murray in round 4, but I don't see it happening, nor will he last that long