1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL.com: Brian Orakpo limps off field at Combine

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Sam I Am, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,311 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Due to this injury Brian is going to fall to us in the 5th round. ;) :p:

umm.. I need a mod to change links to limps in the title. :(

LINK

This from a report by NFL Network’s Paul Burmeister:

Texas defensive end Brian Orakpo limped off the field a few minutes ago and went under the bleachers with one of the trainers. He’s done for the day, but it’s just a tweaked hamstring. Orakpo said he was worried after he thought he heard it ‘pop’, but the trainer said he was ok.

NFL Network’s Mike Mayock has Orakpo listed as his second-best outside linebacker and one of the five best overall prospects in the draft.

His Pro Day workout will be on March 25.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    It would be nice if he fell to us. I was really impressed with him the couple of times I saw him play.
  3. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that sucks and I doubt he'd fall that far....
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Orakpo and Crabtree both get hurt and probably won't fall out of the top 10 :(
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,015 Likes Received
    Orakpo would be a monster opposite Demarcus. We'll never see him but he would be a beast.

:)
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,311 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    I can't remember who, but someone likened him to Ware, but I don't think so. He is bigger and while he has a very fast first step, I think Ware is easily faster. If anything, I think I would liken him more like Ellis than Ware. Very strong, a very quick first step, and very thick.
  7. kevwun

kevwun New Member

447 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, Ware is longer and leaner than Orakpo. He's also faster. Orakpo is not slow by any means, just that Ware is a freak of nature.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,015 Likes Received

Exactly. It's the difference between SOLB and WOLB in a 34. Orakpo would be perfect on the otherside, which is traditionally the strong run side of most offenses. Both have to be able to rush the passer but the LOLB should also be strong at the point of attack as well. That's Orakpo.