1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL.COM: Michael Jordan and Chris Paul are mentoring Dallas Cowboys' Dez Bryant

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 19, 2013.

1. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,299 Messages
    438 Likes Received
    MJ was a gambler but he was not a degenerate. It is not like he bet on NBA games it isn't like he went in to debt. I guess you are one of those that hated Michael. MJ with all his warts and he had a few he was a womanizer, yeah he liked to gamble, he like fast cars, he liked really expensive cigars, he also had an unbelievable drive to win that I have not seen any athlete since replicate, he was very good speaker with little to "street" talk, he kept his mouth shut on issues he was not qualified to speak on. Oh and he was a leader. But he is degenerate. :rolleyes:
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,826 Messages
    162 Likes Received

I was being sarcastic.....
  3. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

314 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    We talk all the time about "pulling for a guy" and it's usually in reference to making the team. I'm pulling for Dez to continue on the right path in life.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    1st off we really do not know what happened with Dez mom, we do know both his mom and dad were drug users and she was a prostitute what took place that night is not clear. Outside of that Dez never had any run in with the law his greatest sin was being afraid of the NCAA and lying to them about the meeting with Deion. Given this kids up brining if that is all the trouble he has gotten into that say a lot about him as a young man.

Dez has been made out as a bad person fact is he is not. Funny how Moon praised his former teammate Justin Blackmon of how he was a good guy that fell through after Blackmon was busted for drugs now who is the bad guy?
  5. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,907 Messages
    1,984 Likes Received
    Yeah, maybe I'll start watching MAVS games again.
  6. QT

QT Active Member

1,902 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Also, after some big Cowboys' wins, CP3 and Lebron tweet each other on the game.
  7. WilmingtonHeel

WilmingtonHeel Member

910 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    2 North Carolina boys!:)
  8. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah, it would be a whole lot easier for Chris Paul to mentor Dez if he was in the same town, running point for the Mavs.
  9. BanditHiro

BanditHiro Well-Known Member

2,595 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    rather have LeBron mentor him tbh...
  10. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,622 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received
    Yes. This is all about his mom being a whore. You are like the Zone's version of Freud.

I don't think Dez is a bad person at all. I do think he is a guy who puts himself in situations that he shouldn't and that he's stupid and immature.

Tons of players in college ball and in this league come from horrible backgrounds. Only a few with talent like Dez get the sort of chances he has.

Of course, you think smoking weed is worse than slapping your mama, so there really is little else to discuss here.
  11. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,618 Messages
    2,511 Likes Received
    He is a well meaning kid but he also seems the type that can be easily duped. He also wears his heart on his sleeve. The more trustworthy people to help him the better. He may have found himself but he still needs to find his way.
  12. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,351 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    That's great news, both guys seem like quality people.
  13. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    CP3 to dallas is now all but certain...