1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL.com Mock Draft Vic Carucci 2.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Doctor32, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Doctor32

Doctor32 Hi-Definition Warrior

1,069 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    [IMG]

22. Dallas Cowboys
    (From Cleveland)

Justin King
    CB, Penn State
    King's speed and athleticism provide a very workable foundation for the Cowboys to utilize at a position of need.​

Previous mock pick: Leodis McKelvin​

28. Dallas Cowboys

Felix Jones
    RB, Arkansas
    Jones might not be the Arkansas running back the Cowboys hoped to get, but trading up to land McFadden is too costly, both in terms of draft picks and guaranteed dollars for the more prominent Razorback. The Cowboys won't be disappointed with the other one, though. He should make an immediate impact as a runner and pass-catcher.​

Previous mock pick: Felix Jones​

2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Oh.........no comment.

My mama taught me if you can't say anything nice don't day anything at all......
  3. Doctor32

1,069 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The only reason I posted this was beacuse I thought Justin King at 22 would incite the fury of the ZONE...

This guy should still be around in the 2nd round.
  4. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's some bad draft, Harry.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Vic Carucci hates the Cowboys obviously. Is a choke hold embracing the hatred?
  6. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Seriously can't comment because I have never seen the guys name before today.
  7. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Who's name?
  8. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
  9. Doctor32

1,069 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  10. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,261 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    If we picked King with Cason and Talib still on the board, I would be ultra ****ed.
  11. ctrous25

ctrous25 Stay Classy Philly/Minny

815 Messages
    18 Likes Received

:lmao2: That is not good news!!! I dont want either one of those two!!!1
  12. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,220 Messages
    3,176 Likes Received
    He's a pretty good CB but that's from very limited observation of playing. Very good overall speed and good burst. He's the guy you look for in the later rounds. I'd love to take three CBs/DBs in this draft. And bring more in as FAs. We have got to get some good CBs on the field.
  13. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  14. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I've seen Justin King going anywhere from the 1st rd all the way to the 4th or 5th. That's the epitome of boom/bust imo.

I personally wouldn't take this kid in the first day. As physically talented as this kid is, he should have dominated but was barely average at best.
  15. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    burp.....fart,,,,,,,.....yawn
  16. adamknite

adamknite Well-Known Member

3,832 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I don't know if it's "embracing the hatred" but I wouldn't mind seeing it.
  17. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    King's the best corner in this draft.

The two biggest critiques of him are that he isn't physical and failed to make big plays.

Watch some 2006 film then compare it to 2007. He was more than physical when he manned up on Ginn and Meachum and shut them down. Then he injured his shoulder early in 2007. The shoulder apparently passed the combine physical and guys like Kiper are moving him back up into the first.

A lot of average fans were down on him after Hardy had a big game but failed to realize that Penn State spent a majority of the game in their lame cover-2 so when Hardy was sitting in a zone, fans were blaming the first/closest defender which was usually King. Tom Bradley admitted that it was a coaching issue rather than an issue with King's play.

Another small factor that hurt King in the eyes of the average fan was the "unofficial" times Eisen was giving at the combine. Rogers-Cromartie wowed everyone with an alleged 4.27 and became the talk of message boarddom. Turns out he wasn't the fastest corner when the "official" times rolled around, King was.

As far as his lack of big plays, there's really no disputing that other than to say Penn State historically hasn't put its corners in position to be playmakers but when he did touch the ball offensively in '05, he was electric. Plus Newman hasn't made a lot of big plays for the Cowboys but I wouldn't trade him for any other corner in the NFL.

King made a terrible choice in schools to play for in regards to his pro prospects. He needed to be somewhere that would showcase his skills and he's a top five possibility.
  18. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Five Words LMFAO.... :lmao2:
  19. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,162 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    This will change alot more between now and the actual draft.
  20. NewJCowboy

NewJCowboy Active Member

1,225 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What is the knock on Justin King? Is he not a first rounder? I don't know much about him.