1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Nfl.com names All-Under-25 Team (Dez gets nod over Julio), Tyron Smith mentioned

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by The Natural, Feb 12, 2013.

1. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,540 Messages
    1,336 Likes Received
    List
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...lson-jj-watt-headline-nflcoms-allunder25-team

Any thoughts
  2. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,674 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    Tyron Smith also making an appearance. I thought he sucked?
  3. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Interesting list. I thought they'd go Russell Okung over Williams. However I am glad to see him on there.

But this rhetoric makes the vein in my forehead pulse:

Doesn't Wilson play the same style? Wilson was throwing lead blocks for Lynch...Wouldn't Wilson stand just as much of a chance of getting hurt as Griffin??
  4. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Same style but he has a knack for not getting hit square, like Emmitt did. He's real smart about his running, when he gets down, etc, Griffin is not so far.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,656 Messages
    4,781 Likes Received
    Wide Receiver
    Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
    Every team has a guy capable of being a knucklehead. Bryant fits that role ... but he can also take over a football game like T.O. circa 2002. Bryant had 1,382 yards and 12 scores in 2012.

Tackle
    Tyron Smith, Dallas Cowboys
    Smith draws his fair share of flags, but he recently turned 22 and is already a two-year starter with immense upside. He has played left and right tackle, giving up three sacks in 2012.
  6. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,492 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    He has underperformed, however they, correctly IMHO, point in the article towards his potential upside: "Smith draws his fair share of flags, but he recently turned 22 and is already a two-year starter with immense upside".

This has to be the year he takes the next step and becomes a pro-bowl caliber tackle right?
  7. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,674 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received

I was being facetious. But I agree with your assessment. He's looked average at times but I think overall he's gotten the job done with much less help than I thought he'd receive from Livings. I'm certainly not complaining. I think he's going to be pretty good.

That said I don't think he belongs on the list over Matt Kalil.
  8. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Love the Dez over Julio choice. A.J. Green and Dez are the future at wideout.

Would be nice to look at this list in 5 years, and again in about 10 years to see how much it would change.

Wilson over Luck and Griffin is crazy.
  9. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Stafford just turned 25 last week, I'd take him over Wilson too
  10. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,492 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    As tough as Stafford looked at times this season, he has still averaged 5000 yards passing and 31 TDs per season over the past two years.

Those numbers are far from pedestrian.
  11. Shiloht88

Shiloht88 Benched

64 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Under 25 team, not just over 25 team.;)

That surprises me though didn't know he was that young.
  12. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,954 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Loved the choice of Doug Martin. Muscle Hamster is going to be one hell of a player.
  13. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,499 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    The guy gives up only 3 sacks with Romo pulling the ball down.

Pro bowl next year.
  14. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,752 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    I knew without a doubt that barring a significant or lingering injury that Dez would have a big season in 2012. I wasn't confident about the team but I was about him. These posts were 3 weeks prior to training camp.

15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,698 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    At this early stage, for sure I would take Stafford over Wilson...and i'm a big Wilson fan from his Wisconsin days.

Oh...just saw that it's UNDER 25.
    My bad.
  16. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,802 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Good job out of you. Even I was beginning to have my doubts at a certain point.
  17. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Dez definitely surprised me.
  18. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,802 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I don't want to use the word "surprised", because I certainly believed he was capable of dominance, but I was starting to question at a certain point if he would ever truly put it all together.
  19. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    more surprised he could settle himself down rather than surprised at his ability as I think most realized early on he has special talent. In 2011 he would just over-react to plays that didn't go his way. But you have to give him credit he mentally put himself in good place and excelled.
  20. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,752 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    I had plenty of doubts about the team in 2012 but no doubts about Dez. The only concern I had with him and still have is the off the field issues. The thing I've seen with Dez besides his talent is his desire to be a great player you can see it on the field every week with the all out effort he gives. When a player has the talent to be great along with the desire to be great they usually end up being great.