1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: NFL.COM: Stephen Jones: Dez must 'get his hands around' off-field issues

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 29, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,658 Messages
    6,397 Likes Received
    By Dan Hanzus NFL.com
    Published: Dec. 29, 2011 at 02:42 p.m

It was reported Wednesday that Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant has been sued for $50,000 by Endurance Capital Fund, a New York-based finance company that helps athletes and entertainers buy luxury items.

Two things jumped out about this: 1) There are -- apparently -- companies that exist primarily to help celebrities procure awesome things and 2) For a multi-millionaire, Dez Bryant sure is sued a lot for not paying his bills.

Bryant is believed to already have taken home $9 million since signing his rookie contract with Dallas before the 2010 season. Even so, the suit filed by ECF is the third debt-related legal issue Bryant has faced since being drafted. He settled two other lawsuits totaling $800,000 earlier this year.

This hasn't been overlooked by Cowboys management. Executive vice president/COO Stephen Jones said Bryant, 23, must learn "to get his hands around what he's doing off the field."

Read the rest: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...dez-must-get-his-hands-around-offfield-issues
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,122 Messages
    6,929 Likes Received
    Stephen sounds irked.
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    Someone needs to teach him how lines of credit work.

When people have never had money, it's hard to explain how to spend and save it.
  4. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fixed it for you Stephen.
  5. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Interesting that anytime someone said something like this previously, a legion of homers flocked to say that there were no issues or they were overblown...
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,814 Messages
    4,888 Likes Received
    Dez needs to hire an accountant to pay his bills.

:laugh2:
  7. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Word.
  8. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Then he'd have to get an accountant to make sure he paid his accountant....so on, and so on.

Infinite regresss.
  9. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,229 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    All you commenting need to get a life. I would love to take a look at your credit reports... Haha easy to judge huh. Let him handle his issues however he wants
  10. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,202 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    No wonder he switched to a higher profile agent. He requires a lot more money in his next contract.

Question: Is Dez Bryant Antonio Bryant 2.0? So stupid that he screws up what could have been a great career?

Dez definitely appears to be a moron.
  11. Sam I Am

31,202 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    You would be highly impressed. ;)
  12. Sam I Am

31,202 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    That accountant needs to have a cattle prod to use on Dez every time he tries to do something stupid.
  13. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Loooooool. Case in point.

BTW, my credit was 802 last time I checked this past year.
  14. Idgit

31,122 Messages
    6,929 Likes Received
    Not really very interesting at all. The issues were overblown and, as is usual with a good rant, the handwringing was premature. You don't get points for starting the caterwauling early.

When the organization outwardly acknowledges the issue is one that can effect Dez's career, that's a reasonable time to decide whether or not it's something to be concerned about.
  15. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,356 Messages
    613 Likes Received
    Yes. By all means. They should wait until the 'caturwalling' is legitimate. THEN we may all rest assured. Oh wait .......
  16. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,496 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    why should I care if he is sued civilly and why should anyone else?
  17. Idgit

31,122 Messages
    6,929 Likes Received
    Please. Let's not pretend there's not such a thing as worrying about something prematurely on CZ. It's the basis for such epic threads as 'Jason Witten is Slipping,' 'Demarcus Ware's Sacks Don't Ever Come in Crunch Time,' and 'Should we Hope for a Loss in an Elimination Game Against the Giants on Sunday?'

And let's not pretend there's such a thing as caterwauling. I can pull a dozen examples of that without breaking a sweat.

If you don't know or can't tell the difference between when a criticism is legitimate or not, there are people here who will let you know. That's fine. But if you're going to try to beat the crowd by being the first to overreact to a story, don't expect a cookie from the rest of us. We see the stories, too. We're capable of making the same dramatic leaps to the same conclusions. We just don't do it until there's a good reason to do so.
  18. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,229 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Because since your credit score is an 802 dez needs to be 803
  19. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I hope not but in the end this might end badly for Dez.

There is a reason he lasted so late in the draft and it isn't his physical talent.

I hope he matures and is surrounded by the right people as he could be a pro bowl WR.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,901 Messages
    9,000 Likes Received
    There's clearly a head issue. We wouldn't have gotten him in the 20s without it.

You can't help but have the feeling he'll never reach his full potential because of it.