1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL.Com - Tyron Smith 4th best player under 25.

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

548 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Players like Tyron Smith are who we should be looking to extend. Not the injury-prone aging vets that we typically sign to extensive contracts.

I was big on Smith from day one. I thought he was an excellent prospect who just needed time to grow physically and mentally. Remember a lot of people were hesitant to buy into Smith as top #10 pick because he was a bit undersized. They failed to understand that he was only 20 years old and had a great frame to build on and that's exactly what he's done.
    CyberB0b and BlueNSilver88 like this.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,114 Messages
    1,271 Likes Received
    he frankly is already better then either one now. Peters is up and down even when he is not injured and Thomas has declined a little.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,114 Messages
    1,271 Likes Received

we have been very lucky at LT for a lot of our Franchise history. One LT (Rayfield) is in the HOF, the Hotel was a pro bowler; and now Tyron. Tui was not exactly luncheon meat either
  4. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,261 Messages
    463 Likes Received

Nothing to really boo and cuss. It was a Garrett and JJ pick. Ah, nevermind. We're doomed.
  5. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,261 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    You mean Ogden-good.
  6. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,261 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Soon those will be saying the same about Frederick at Center!!!
  7. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,808 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  8. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,462 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    I'd put Russell Wilson over Cam Newton and easily put Watt at #1 on that list. Watt is a top 2 player in the NIL along with A Peterson
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  9. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,812 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    We have been crazy good at drafting in the first, Frederick and Smith. Come to think of it our first round picks have been really good the past few years - Bryant, Smith, Claiborne, Frederick. Claiborne's the weakest of the bunch but that could be due to the pass rush being horrid.

I'm absolutely not against drafting a guard in the first if the scouts say he's worth it. They've proven themselves IMO. May have drafted Frederick a little early but if there was a magic redraft of last years draft he'd probably be a top 12 pick.
  10. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

2,978 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    400 times?

Never.

Not unless Emmitt Smith is back and over his gout attacks.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,512 Messages
    1,833 Likes Received
    I don't know guyz, the way he looked in the Pro Bowl, I wouldn't go signing him to any long term extension so Jerral doesn't get fleeced AGAIN!

Something like, 10 years, $500K, $25K signing bonus is a good cap friendly deal. amidoingitrite?
  12. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,945 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    I'm proud of him... He shut down Quinn last year too.
  13. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,945 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Quinn is the opposite of that... Sometimes you wonder where that stuff comes from honestly.
  14. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,187 Messages
    1,118 Likes Received
    Agree. JJ should be number one.
  15. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    400 rushes isn't really a crazy number. It's actually a nice solid number to shoot for. It's 25 carries per game.

Denver had 450 rushing attempts last year. The eagles: 502. The pass happy saints? 391.

Cowboys? 336. We need to run the ball more and 400 attempts per season should be our goal.
    perrykemp likes this.
  16. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    He was better than peters last year and was on the same level as Thomas. Thomas played more snaps and still had one fewer pressure (on a putrid browns offense) but of all the starting tackles in the league, tyron gave up the least amount of sacks (1).
  17. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

2,978 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    Hey..

I'm all in.

I'd love to return to second halfs. Like when Emmitt was here or even MBII.

I just don't see it unless they draft a G high in the draft to strengthen the OL.

If that happens..then it's. a sure sign we will
  18. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,521 Messages
    1,073 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  19. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,312 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    Cam Newton is on the brink of being an elite QB. I don't have much argument with him that high.
  20. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,312 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    I have been hearing this foolishness for three years, and each year he has gotten better. Whether its the towel over his head, or the moronic comparisons to Vick and Vince Young, Cam has continuously shut his critics up. Ask Peter King. Newton is a more athletic Ben Rothelisberger.