1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Combine Starts In 3 Days

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by casmith07, Feb 21, 2011.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,513 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    Can't believe this wasn't stated already.
  2. Trace1015

Trace1015 Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My Prospects: Robert Quinn, Patrick Peterson, Brandon Harris, Gabe Carmi, Titus Young, Cecil Shorts
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I might be one of the few people that just does not get excited about it.

Any good scouting department will not use the combine to set their boards, it should be 80% done by now anyways based off good old fashion film work.

The combine's purpose is to give one last grading scale to the teams that may help them separate two players who are equal in comparison to this point.

I mean history speaks volumes about the future success of players that jump not a few picks, but rounds in the week of the combine. the percentages are simply not in the favor of the team making the fatal mistake or the player.

It's why teams like the Raiders continue to baffle and to search for talent.

It's another evaluation tool and should be used for such but it's final grading weight needs to be kept in check.
  4. casmith07

26,513 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    I want Titus Young or Austin Pettis so bad. RW replacement and true #3 guy in the making.

Austin, Bryant, Young would dominate. Add Cecil Shorts!?
  5. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,319 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Casmith; I didn't follow Boise that much. Can you give us your reasons why you like Pettis?
  6. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,405 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I am excited to see these kids put it all on the line. I for one can't wait to see how fluid Patrick Petersons hips are or aren't. I wanna see how fast Prince Amukamara runs his 40 and much much more, I can't wait heh.
  7. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    From a proffessional level i am sure you are absolutley correct but the decision to televise was done for the fans .

The target audience being the millions(and the millions) of draft junkies that eat up absolutley everything that is the draft process.

most people including myself dont know fluid hips if they saw them they just think they do but it's still fun to watch IMO
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,145 Messages
    1,319 Likes Received
    Titus Young looks like a flag football player to me.

I like the white dude from Ohio State as a 3rd receiver and he wouldn't cost a premium pick.
  9. casmith07

26,513 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    I hate Boise, but I like Pettis because he's tall, he's not blazing fast, but he runs good routes and catches the football. He has a knack for getting open despite not being overly fast, but he catches the ball - doesn't drop it.

Unlike RW, he also can run routes other than flys, drags, slants, and fades, like 15 yard outs.
  10. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,399 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I'm so tired of hearing RW Replacement how do you know if Titus Young would even be as good as RW. There is nothing wrong with Roy Williams as the #3 Wideout on this Team other than he makes too much but talent wise hes a fine #3.

I want Titus Young or Austin Pettis so bad. RW replacement and true #3 guy in the making. Austin, Bryant, Young would dominate. Add Cecil Shorts!?
  11. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    RW is a fine athlete. But on a fairly regular basis, bad things just seem to happen when he's around the ball.

I'd rather have lucky than good, and RW isn't lucky.
  12. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    RW is just one of a few guys the experts on the board feel must go. People wont stop until he is gone and then they will start will the next guy. Not that they have any say, They are just the portion of the new age fan that enjoys it more when a player that they hate gets popped or injured, then when a player they like does well. They complain 24/7 it's sad and stupid but that's what today's fan has become. we used to just call them philadephian's :D but it has spread like a disease.
  13. casmith07

26,513 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    I have watched both guys play, I just think that Titus Young would be more well-rounded than RW. I do like that RW seems to have worked harder, and especially put his hands on display this past season that I touted around the trade time in '08.

With some more work with Woicik, maybe he can get more flexible and agile and be able to run stop-go and cut routes, and not be a "possession" guy. If he can do that, we'll be in amazing shape.

I think he's a great athlete as well. I just think he's a different kind of receiver that doesn't necessarily work in the offense that we're trying to run - high octane, fast paced, etc., but if he continues to get stronger and can beat guys off the line, his striding-style play can help to stretch the field.

If you're talking about me, you're overreacting. I was one of his biggest defenders when guys like Rampage, SLATE, and Bob were killing him all off-season in 2009 and all season in 2009 for not being the next Alvin Harper.
  14. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    QUOTE=casmith07;3854108If you're talking about me, you're overreacting. I was one of his biggest defenders when guys like Rampage, SLATE, and Bob were killing him all off-season in 2009 and all season in 2009 for not being the next Alvin Harper.[/QUOTE]

absolutley NOT talking about you my friend . My response was not targeted to any one poster it was a comment made by reading through the threads over time . People have there vendetta's for some it's the players for others the owner etc. it gets kinda old , You see a thread about say the 2011 schedule and scroll down a bit and the topic goes from so we play at detroit? maybe we could give just leave RW there and get our draft picks back! yuck yuck yuck.. people think they are being witty and cool but they being tiresome and annoying .