1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL considering banning RBs from leading with their head

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    You're joking right? As an almost-doctor, I have to ask if you seriously doubt there's research on this. All you have to do is google say "concussions" + "alzheimer's" + "risk factor".
  2. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,171 Messages
    585 Likes Received
    But, but, what's the trigger? oooops, don't know that do you? So save your conclusions.
  3. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I approve of this!

Next up: Ban tackling.
  4. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Next up: You can only air tackle (like air guitar).
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,920 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    The new improved:

NFFL - National Flag Football League
  6. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,604 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    Pretty much already is...... the game is not what it once was on many, many levels.
  7. lane

lane The Chairman

10,384 Messages
    339 Likes Received

:hammer:
  8. myslamsareolder

myslamsareolder Member

188 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    im fine with all the other "safety" rules. People who complain about this football sucking compared to "back in the day" need to grow up. we now know the repercussions of the old way... it needed to end.

having said that this rule is dumb. to push forward you have to lower your center of gravity by lowering your shoulders and pushing through. when you lower your shoulders your head goes down with them and often collides with a tackler who is guess what? breaking down and lowering his center of gravity via his shoulders/head.

so basically one person can do it but the other cant? what a joke. this isnt the same as leading with your helmet into a reciever who is trying to make a catch and doesnt even have his eyes on you. so runners now have to basically allow themselves to be pushed out of bounds or tackled... the longest run will be about 4 yds then. :banghead:
  9. ThePlaymaker14

ThePlaymaker14 Member

79 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    at this point we might as well just ban running the ball and make it a pass only league and you're down where you catch the ball. also, no blocking. lets just have 6 on 6 and everyone goes out for a pass
  10. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,778 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    What do you supposed to do now. Lead with your chest!!??.
  11. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,803 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Blame the idiot former players who played, knowing they would screw themselves up at a chance, and now want to cry victim.

I don't blame Goodell
  12. myslamsareolder

myslamsareolder Member

188 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    If runners can't lower their head then tacklers shouldn't be able to use/wrap up with their arms... oh wait :laugh2:
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,801 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    That's what I thought as well.
  14. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

583 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Won't happen. Would ruin the game. As is it is ridiculous that proper form tackle if too tall and tackling a shorter player will almost certainly result in helmet to helmet.
  15. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,198 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    And all plays from srimmage are replaced by a skills competition.
  16. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,606 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    The problem with this rules an many others like blow to QB's helmet. You have two players moving independent of one another, I lower my shoulder to zig and the defender zags and I make contact with him in manner that can be construed as lowering my head penalty. Its another stupid rule that has too many variables for it to be an effective rule except to slow down the progress of the game.
  17. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,920 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    You can even go to the blow to the head that Hatcher gets grief on in the last game. Guys have pointed out that he was jumping in the air for the pass and the lineman went low on him bringing him down hands first into the qb. There are too many moving parts to prevent contact like that.
  18. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,239 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I've already been losing interest in Football all together. This would just make that transition easier.
  19. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,762 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    ill go on record

if this happens im done
  20. djmajestik

djmajestik Member

939 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Could NOT agree more!!!