1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Draft scenario

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Randy White, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    St. Louis Rams trade 2nd over all pick to the Cleveland Browns for the 4th overall pick and and 22nd overall pick.

Why St. Louis would do it ?

Rams still get to draft the player they want in Matt Kalil with the 4th overall pick, plus add more help with the 22nd pick ( SS Mark Barron, OLB Zach Brown, CB Janoris Jenkins ? ). I'm not targeting a WR to them with this pick because I expect a more conservative approach on offense from Jeff Fisher and possibly Hue Jackson ( if hired ).

Why Cleveland would do it ?

The player they're going to get with the 22nd pick is not that significantly better than the player they're going to get in the 2nd round ( 37th overall ). However, RGIII is a blue chip, potentially franchise QB who will instantly increase season tickets sales 1 hour after the pick is made and that's well worth the 22nd pick of the draft.

The advantage for the Browns is that their extra #1 pick is this year while the Dolphins and Redskins extra 1 pick would be next season and who knows where that might end up or how the draft would finally look.
  2. ragingbull2488

ragingbull2488 Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love your draft a lot.
  3. ragingbull2488

ragingbull2488 Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My i deal draft would be as follows

1. Whitney Mercilus/Nick Perry,DEs, Illinois and USC
    2. Peter Konz, OC, Wisconsin
    3. Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
    4. Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut
    5. Tank Carder, ILB, TCU
    6. Nick Provo, TE, Syracuse
    6. Jaymes Brooks, OG, Virginia Tech
    7. Tashaun Gipson, CB/S, Wyoming
  4. Randy White

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    You have 3 potentially 1st round picks in Mercilus, Perry and Konz.

I'm late to the party but the way Konz' stock has been going up lately, he'll end up in the later part of the 1st round.
  5. Dmoore Esq

Dmoore Esq Member

170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't see it happening. The Browns have twice as many holes as we do. I think RG3 is there at 4 most likely, unless the Dolphins or Skins move up. I'd love for RG3 to be a Brown, but if he's off the board you can still end up with a haul that looks like Blackmon, Chris Polk or whoever they feel is the #2 RB, and Foles early round 2. Swap Blackmon with Richardson and Polk with Floyd/Wright if Blackmon's off the board. That looks pretty fantastic to me.
  6. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,191 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    I think it's very realisic. Skins will do everything possible to move up for either Luck or RG3. You can't win in this league without a QB, both Holmgren and Shanny know this. They found out this year that McCoy and Grossman are not it.
  7. Randy White

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    This move would be done in order to block either of those 2 teams from moving up to get him. Both teams ( Dolphins and Redskins ) have deep pocket owners desperately looking to make a splash and reinvigorate their respective fan base. There are arguments to be made against both of them too such as Shannan is in control of personnel and not little Danny, and due to a history of bad trades involving draft picks, the Dolphins might be a little gunshy about pulling the trigger with future picks, but in the end, it's still RGIII, it's still a bluechip QB, and the icing of the cake is the immediate possitive fan reaction that all 3 franchises need.
  8. Dmoore Esq

Dmoore Esq Member

170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd rather they get Matt Flynn than give up draft picks to move up.
  9. Randy White

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received

That could be done too, and to some extent it actually makes alot of sense. Both QBs need to grow, but Flynn is further along the process than RGIII is. The development process should be shorter with him.

However, once again, the " wow " factor plays a major role here. RGIII would sell over 1,000 NEW season tickets within the first few hours of his selection. By the time training camp rolls around, that figure could upwards of 10,000+.
    That's some serious revenues, just on the tickets alone, right there..

Let me put it to you this way: RGIII would be their LeBron James all over again.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I like your updated mock . The Curry pick would make sense .
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,435 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    only those that ignore Konz's medical history have his stock going up