1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL giving poster boy 2nd superbowl?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by LatinMind, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,992 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    Yep.

Everything they do under the guise of player safety is a misrepresentation. They want it easier for offenses to score so that A) games are more exciting for casual fans and B) there is more parity. Both of those things will bring in more money. The league does not for one second care whether or not players get hurt...other than maybe not wanting to spend big money for health insurance and medical payments.
    NIBGoldenchild and casmith07 like this.
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,715 Messages
    1,142 Likes Received
    Yep, no fractured jaws, blown knees, punctured lungs, broken bones, concussions, torn muscles...yep, all passive here! It must still be football as intended, but controlled more.

As to health insurance, teams pay for all injuries until respectively, they are fully treated. Accumulated wear and tear is another arena, but the NFL has come to grips with later affects that show up in players. Perfect yet? Nope.
  3. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

857 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    shouldn't this be in the rant zone?
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,715 Messages
    1,142 Likes Received
    Your point? If you are attempting to make a statement, don't back door that...or talk topic.
  5. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

857 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    Ok master.
  6. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,715 Messages
    1,142 Likes Received
    Grab the pebble and you will be ready to depart upon your own...
    EST_1986 likes this.
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,541 Messages
    1,725 Likes Received
    Or the NFL section.
  8. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,187 Messages
    1,911 Likes Received
    The new rules emphasis will help teams with good pass offenses, and hurt teams with physical pass defenses, correct? If so, we might come out a little ahead, if anything.
  9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,715 Messages
    1,142 Likes Received
    No doubt, Percy, and I'm more than a dogged impressed with the talent the Cowboys have in their secondary. True, that has to be proven, but it would be foolish to discount the real potentials in that secondary.

All teams should have to meet standards, if the refs are fair.
  10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,727 Messages
    1,769 Likes Received
    This has nothing to do with Peyton Manning.

Seattle took an interesting approach last year. They decided to literally commit illegal contact and holding on every play, feeling like the referees would not want to throw that many flags. They were right, as the referees seemed to "adjust" to Seattle games, and allowed them to get away with it more.

Teams complained, especially after what we saw in the Super Bowl, and now the league is trying to make a point.

All that needs to happen is that Seattle needs to be called on it more if that's what they do. If they choose that route, then throw the flag on every play until they stop. End of issue.
  11. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,638 Messages
    4,752 Likes Received
    This thread must be a byproduct of watching the 1st preseason game 3 times. Press OFF and back away from the remote, LatinMind. lol
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,145 Messages
    2,564 Likes Received
    Probably, lol.
  13. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,462 Messages
    591 Likes Received
    Not if it isn't enforced for our QB.
    He gets hit late, blow to head never called so....,,

Peyton only has one SB win because it was Grossman and the bears. Period.
  14. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,068 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    So the refs will keep the Broncos drives alive all season? I see. Fraudulent league
  15. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

983 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    This is only half true, and maybe Browner was more guilty of it than Sherman. But I've seen multiple times where Sherman has gotten away with murder after five yards.
  16. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

983 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I agree, the blame falls on the refs for not doing their job. If they are committing PI on every play, call it and they'll stop once they realize they're killing themselves.
  17. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,145 Messages
    2,564 Likes Received
    Browner was really bad at it.
  18. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Yeah I don't really buy any of that.
  19. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,663 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    I think this is exactly right. It's a good gamble, and kudos to them for doing it. If you push the limits on every play, you'll eventually (or quickly) shift the line where the refs start calling penalties.