NFL GM: Teams hate Kaepernick and use not signing him as a cautionary tale to other players

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Nirvana, Mar 18, 2017.

1. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

5,288 Messages
    4,577 Likes Received
    yup, 400+ yard games dont happen on accident.

adbutcher likes this.
  2. 65fastback2plus2

5,288 Messages
    4,577 Likes Received
    the 9ers GM said they would welcome him back.

Yakuza Rich likes this.
  3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

15,673 Messages
    16,523 Likes Received
    Kellen Moore did that, too.

LocimusPrime and Amy50632 like this.
  4. 65fastback2plus2

5,288 Messages
    4,577 Likes Received
    Kellen has never put up 300 passing and 113 rushing versus a decent miami defense with crap WR's.

5. 65fastback2plus2

5,288 Messages
    4,577 Likes Received
    Last season he posted a 90.7 QBR with an additional 470 yards rushing and 2 TD's.

adbutcher likes this.
  6. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

974 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    The problem with discussing Kap is that we want to discuss his play while separating all the other factors. The reality is they do go hand in hand in this instance. I would agree that Kap's game has diminished some the last couple of years. I would also make notice that he has played on a really crappy team the last couple years. I don't think there is a QB in the league who is going to have a winning record with that squad. Kap was inconsistent last year and was replaced by Gabbert. With that being said this was because of injury. Kap had some really good games last year. He also had some really bad ones.

QBs such as Bryce Petty, Geno Smith, Brock Osweiler, Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannehill(over-rated), Mike Glennon(we'll see how this goes), and Josh Johnson are all starting or backing up somebody in this league as of now. I would definitely argue Kap is AS good or even better than some of these.

So there is definitely another question to be asked here as to why he doesn't start or is backing up on another team?
    And that's where this gets political(i'll attempt to not be). It's hard to take this conversation anywhere else. He is clearly being blackballed by the league. Whether that is right or wrong? I don't know. Kap can do what he wants, when he wants. As with any business, owners will make decisions that will only promote their bottom-line. We see plenty of businesses remove support for politicians, artists, or whoever they see will bring a negative affect to the bottom line. The question is, are they doing the right thing, and is it actually that detrimental to one's business? This I think deals with markets. There are some markets that would not be hit as hard or at all by signing Kap. Others serve a different story. The fact is, Kap's market is MUCH smaller than any other qb in the league based on that alone, talent be damned.

FYI: Where I stand on the issue at hand is irrelevant. Also, I don't care where you stand on the issue either. Unfortunately, some of you have gotten to spew a lot of ignorance in this thread without consequence, and a detailed and thoughtful response is not welcome as it will almost assuredly be locked up.

See guys! We can be vague and follow the rules! lol
    Good day ya'll!

adbutcher likes this.
  7. BobGriffin3

BobGriffin3 Active Member

130 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Kellen Moore probably never went 1-5 for 4 yards in 3 quarters either.

LocimusPrime and Amy50632 like this.
  8. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

6,145 Messages
    5,117 Likes Received
  9. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

974 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    And if we are looking at this without agenda, you would also question why your coach has called 5 pass plays (10) . Bad QB play or not, Chip Kelly sucks!

Also, he was sacked 5 times, and the defense allowed 24 points.

10. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,235 Messages
    5,740 Likes Received
    Kaep would still be a great player to pick up as a backup on the cheap. His off the field issues are silly compared to Hardy and Gregory. I don't get why people are making such a big deal out of this considering all the idiotic things other NFL players do.

11. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    Correctly or incorrectly, there's a narrative floating around that one of the reasons viewership was down last year was due to the politicization of the NFL. Kaepernick's protest was the most obvious example of that. If owners believe he's not good enough to make a difference in wins and losses while, at the same time, they think he is bad for their brand, they won't touch him.... (see Ray Rice).

LocimusPrime likes this.
  12. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

5,147 Messages
    2,481 Likes Received
    He must have assumed they were going to cut him...I can't think of any reason why he would do that. I thought was basically on a year to year deal

LocimusPrime and haleyrules like this.
  13. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

12,126 Messages
    4,202 Likes Received
    He restructured his deal so he could opt out. I don't know if he got misinformation from someone in his cap or what.

14. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

3,439 Messages
    2,103 Likes Received
    Miamis defense was not decent. Believe me, I watch that team 15-16 times a year. Sure, on paper, and healthy, it's an ok defense, but by the end of the year they were bad.

They struggled against the pass. Their secondary was already a question mark entering the year, then they lost Reshard Jones early, had a walk on FA in Rambo start at times, Howard-their 2nd round CB was out most of the year, and they had Mr Inconsistent Maxwell and a converted WR in Lippett as their starting two corners.

Don't get me wrong, Kaep played a very good game against the Dolphins. Was leading an impressive comeback with a crap roster around him. But some teams could definitely take advantage of that Dolphins D. Front 7 was poor against the run, and the secondary was never healthy.

Amy50632 likes this.
  15. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

5,931 Messages
    16,208 Likes Received
    The way things are now...taking stands, publically, like Colin did can be fatal.

16. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

12,126 Messages
    4,202 Likes Received
    Fatal for who?

17. BobGriffin3

BobGriffin3 Active Member

130 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Perhaps fatal to his NFL career, you know judging by the fact that he has exactly 0 interest from teams.

haleyrules likes this.
  18. HookEmCowboys

HookEmCowboys Member

50 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    You're probably not incorrect but much like it's his right to protest how he sees fit, no one has to give him a job either.

It's a two way street.

Amy50632 likes this.
  19. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,566 Messages
    803 Likes Received
    Wasn't the contract he want6ed out of guaranteed this season for 16M?

20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

34,167 Messages
    12,907 Likes Received
    :cool:Beat me to it!

Amy50632 likes this.