NFL Great Plunkett Says "My Life Sucks At 69"

Discussion in 'Drama Zone' started by daboyzruleperiod, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

2,254 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    It was a different league back in the day. Players were encouraged to play injured feeling the pressure to get replaced if they didn't with much more depth on rosters than today with the Salary Cap where players often sit out for a little nagging injury instead of sucking it up taking a pain shot and risking their career playing hurt without as much pressure of being replaced.

And these guys were paid chump change in comparison to today's players . I'd argue those who aren't more informed of that era with OP even admitting didn't see him play should study up.

Choosing such a comparison which might be closer to their heart especially if it's reflecting a current dilemma is picking and choosing a comparison to highlight their own narrative.

I'm very sensitive to a child with cancer but don't see the need for such a comparison unless there's an underlying agenda at play.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    haleyrules and Melonfeud like this.
  2. Melonfeud

Melonfeud Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,340 Messages
    4,662 Likes Received
    Copy! I luv my girlfriend DA' boyz,,, and to kiss off both barrels in a rolling good bye/ban yer'*** single post!
    I've always found that tactic brilliantly hilarious in a weasel sort of way, but now diehard! Certain ,,er,,,consideration should be considered seeing how she's a 'girlfriend' and will prolly apologize before the sun goes down,,,back on topic: I recall seeing plunkett just being brutalized /pummeled when he Q.B for New England

haleyrules and Trouty like this.
  3. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

2,254 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    I wonder why the OP singled out Plunkett to compare these kids with cancer?

4. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    I'm sorry to hear Plunkett is in pain. He was a good guy and a quality quarterback. I recently found a 1977 game, Cowboys versus 9ers with Plunkett at QB for them. She showed himself as an excellent QB that kept them in the game. In my first year of college, the Raiders beat the Redskins in the Super Bowl with Plunkett at QB. They clobbered them

haleyrules likes this.
  5. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Well-Known Member

2,348 Messages
    2,686 Likes Received
    A lot of people don't even live to be 69.

6. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

1,579 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    That Raiders vs. Redskins SB is one of my favorites. Living near DC, it was glorious.

haleyrules likes this.
  7. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

1,579 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    Well, that escalated quickly.

So, a former player can't speak out about his pain?
    Men at that age generally complain about pain. My dad is 68 and says if he didn't wake up and feel pain,
    he'd think he was dead.

It's a cheap shot for you to bring up a child with cancer, as if Plunkett wouldn't sympathize with the child and their family.

Side bar- Both of Plunkett's parents are blind. They've never seen him play. Imagine that. A two-time SB Champion
    and Heisman Trophy winner from Stanford... and his parents never got to see any of that.

8. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

1,579 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    Okay, I'll say it. It's probably a heavy flow day.