1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Head Coach game

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Rustinpeace21, May 9, 2006.

1. Rustinpeace21

Rustinpeace21 Member

404 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anyone else picking this game up when it comes out? I defiantly am. Im gonna be the Cowboys of course and cant wait to develop the team the way i want to. Which means on gonna try and trade up into the first round. Possibly trade the #18 pick, Ellis and a mid round pick or a future 2nd rounder. Maybe get huff, hawk, and if i dont get a deal done ill probably jsut settle with carpenter. Since i dont like the 2 TE offense, i think second round im gonna go with either and OT or LB/FS whichever i dont address in the first round. 3rd round maybe a NT we ll see . Im jsut hoping the game has all the FA aquasitions(spelling?)
  2. Bryan8284

Bryan8284 Active Member

1,377 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wouldn't the game already have the draft factored in? You start after that part.
  3. Rustinpeace21

Rustinpeace21 Member

404 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it starts the day after the Super Bowl
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I am seriously considering buying it also.
  5. aznhalf

aznhalf New Member

882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm definately going to grab a copy for the PC ASAP.

If the game is anything like Madden I definately don't want to wait around for those PS2 load times.
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who makes it? If it's EA SPorts, I doubt it will be much different, but I hope not. I love football sim games.
  7. Rustinpeace21

Rustinpeace21 Member

404 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yes its by EA. But it looks very in depth. You never actually get to play with the player (im guessing). You have to scout, motivate, draft, gameplan, execute the gameplan, your the coach basically, you pick your philiosphy, defensive or offensive. Well i just hope they have the salary cap numbers correct. I wanna emulate the FA signings, cause we have gotten better and i dont wanan go into a season with Key or LA, it ll just feel dated. http://www.easports.com/nflheadcoach/home.jsp
  8. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

953 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    parcells won't be in the game...
  9. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This sounds pretty exciting to me. My graphics card isn't good enough to really play Madden so I pretty much concentrate on the GM/coaching aspects of that game anyway.
  10. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great, so now we will have even more people proposing weird trades involving Ellis, Coakley and Glover because it worked in a video game. I thought it would end at Madden. lol
  11. GhettoxCowboy

GhettoxCowboy Dem Boyz

1,773 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    im gonna pick it up when it gets out. i get every single sports game when it does. when is it comming out?? date..
  12. brewers47

brewers47 Member

175 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I believe it comes out June 20th
  13. Raneiron#31

Raneiron#31 Member

91 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah Ill definatly be getting this. In Madden i mainly played the GM role so this is perfect for me.
  14. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,269 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    I hope its more in depth than Madden's franchise mode. Im a little worried they dont give alot of details or features on the web site for the game.
  15. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Yeap...my birthday :D......everyone on the board can pitch in and get it for me :D
  16. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,269 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    I hope its more in depth than Madden's franchise mode. Im a little worried they dont give alot of details or features on the web site for the game.
  17. SteveOS

SteveOS Dedicated to Sports Gaming

1,883 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  18. xpistofer

xpistofer Member

941 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Very exciting...for years I have played franchise mode exclusively on Madden - this sounds like an intensification of that mode. This sounds very cool. I wonder how one could get signed up for the beta...

Thanks for the links. Looks like I won't have to wait for Madden 07 to get my football kicks this year.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,659 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Guys, it's nothing more than Madden franchise mode with a few bells and whistles.

EA isn't pushing out anything new. Madden has been the same game for the past 7 iterations ... other than a new cover, updated rosters, and some new juke move.
  20. ZenItRam

ZenItRam Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Get the trailer here ...

edit --- can't wait for the game!