NFL helping fund new Tottenham Hotspur stadium

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by BAZ, Apr 21, 2017.

1. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

4,861 Messages
    2,765 Likes Received
    http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hot...ng-fund-new-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-sources

The NFL is helping to fund Tottenham Hotspur's new stadium and has contributed £10 million ($12.8m) to the project so far, sources have told ESPN FC.

Tottenham have agreed a 10-year deal for the NFL to host a minimum of two matches per year at the stadium, which is expected to open for the start of the 2018-19 season.

The organisation will, however, pay for other features including four NFL-sized locker rooms and additional medical and media suites.

Speaking last year, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy told ESPN: "If it ever got to a stage where the NFL decided it wanted to have a permanent team in London, this stadium could literally be their stadium as opposed to an NFL team feeling they're renting Tottenham's stadium."

Melonfeud likes this.
  2. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

9,343 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received
    So it comes down to a 12.8 million dollar rental agreement.

Melonfeud likes this.
  3. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

10,090 Messages
    23,635 Likes Received
    I love Tottenham

Melonfeud likes this.
  4. Melonfeud

Melonfeud Well-Known Member

2,499 Messages
    3,128 Likes Received
    Can't remember if I've been there,but I was pretty close if Trafalgar square/ Piccadilly Circus is close .

Sounds like the league's putting the ducks in a row for international expansion,,,, that's gonna suck it big time travel wise for everyone during the season but it would be kinda cool broadening the fan base,,,

LocimusPrime likes this.
  5. csirl

csirl Well-Known Member

744 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    This is where the Jags are relocating to permanently in the early 20s (assuming brexit doesn't ruin the UK). Already accepted that this is a near certainty - in Europe its the worst kept secret in football. The real question is who will be the 2nd team relocating to Europe - to Germany.

Melonfeud likes this.
  6. MileyDancer

MileyDancer Well-Known Member

2,832 Messages
    3,853 Likes Received
    I watched England Vs. Brazil World Cup in Trafalgar Square with over a THOUSAND people getting smashed at 7am. It was awesome.

Melonfeud likes this.
  7. Melonfeud

Melonfeud Well-Known Member

2,499 Messages
    3,128 Likes Received
    Bet that was a blast!

I've got a pretty good idea of the kind of crowd that was also,,,:thumbup:
    There's a dude that orbits a certain circle of friends I've got that was one of those soccer 'Hooligans' of the 80's(or maybe it was the 90's,it was when they would riot/ tear 'stuff' up / fight over losses ) over there,he split to the states to avoid prosecution for something and England told us to keep him,,,:lmao2:he's not allowed back,,,we just call him the
    "Brit"

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    haleyrules likes this.
  8. MileyDancer

MileyDancer Well-Known Member

2,832 Messages
    3,853 Likes Received
    Haha hahaha! Nice. That's hilarious.