1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: NFL live on now, interesting comments

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Aug 30, 2006.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Ok, guys, i was watching NFL Live, and they had some interesting comments.

IT got me to thinking about the Saints, which their defense is awful. What if we can trade Keith Davis to the Saints for their 2nd or 3rd rounder. That will be a high pick.

As you know guys, I think we are going to pick in the low 20's or 31st or 32nd pick if we go to the super bowl. So, our draft picks in each round of the draft next year will be real low.

If we can get a trade done with the Saints for Keith Davis during the year, after Pat Watkins gets some experience, etc, and get their 2nd or 3rd round pick, that will really help us.

Darren Woodson as all you Cowboy fans all know our great safety for cowboys, said he sees Saints with worst record this year in NFL. Woodson is pretty knowledgeable.
  2. skinsngibbs4life

skinsngibbs4life Active Member

1,382 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh1: maybe so, but since when did he turn into a physcic???
  3. Natedawg44

Natedawg44 Active Member

2,598 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think they would give anything above a 5th for the guy. That being said I'd rather have the depth at FS or SS and what he brings on special teams.
  4. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    not to be a jerk, but if we hda the 31st or 32nd pick next year, how would having a 2nd or 3rd rounder really help us a lot?

and Keith Davis wouldn't get us a 2nd or 3rd rounder.. and we need him on our squad this year, even if Watkins is the starting FS.. he is a valuable special teams player and he is the only proven FS we have if we let Coleman go..
  5. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    When did joe even imply that Woodson was psychic?
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,983 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    Joe Gibbs: restoring the Redskins Glory!!!

41-0

Ahh, the old Redskins we all know and love !!
  7. skinsngibbs4life

1,382 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He didnt, but I just think its funny that just because woodson said that they will have the worst record in the NFL, you all should right away go out and try and trade for a pick
  8. skinsngibbs4life

1,382 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ahh, the preseason we all know and love...

Cowboys: 0-0
    Redskins: 0-0

advantage?:nono2:
  9. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,959 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    If the Aint's are dumb enough to give us a 2nd & 3rd for Davis I would do it in a heart beat.

Heck, I would even throw in the bullets in his leg.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,288 Messages
    3,025 Likes Received
    At least you put the teams in the correct order of how the final standing will look this year. However to make it a bit more real throw the Giants under the Cowboys. :laugh1:
  11. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Then there was no need for a shallow, sarcastic comment. It made no sense, and you're the one who ended up looking foolish.

It's called supporting evidence. The poster had an idea, based on something he had heard. He cited where he heard it from. This isn't rocket surgery.
  12. skinsngibbs4life

1,382 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, after how both teams looked in preseason, it should be that way. Im just saying to try and not put that much stock into right now. If we look like that week 1, then ill be a little concerned.
  13. WV Cowboy

10,983 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    Is that funny or is there something wrong with me ?:D
  14. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,743 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    davis won't bring that much.
    and the saints may have some seriuos competition for the worst record. have you seen the skins play this year?
  15. skinsngibbs4life

1,382 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i was kind of thinking the same thing...
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,288 Messages
    3,025 Likes Received
    I was kidding and I also agree. I think the East may be the toughest division in the NFL this season and I expect a real dog fight between all 4 teams in the division.
  17. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I think it's funny. Which is why I always use it, instead of rocket science. I forget who said that originally.
  18. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,959 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Could have said Brain Science.
  19. WV Cowboy

10,983 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    I guarantee Gibbs is concerned.

I think you probably are too, truth be known.

41-0 is NEVER what coaches are striving for, pre-season or not.

NEVER !
  20. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    [Default]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cowboyjoe
    Ok, guys, i was watching NFL Live, and they had some interesting comments.

IT got me to thinking about the Saints, which their defense is awful. What if we can trade Keith Davis to the Saints for their 2nd or 3rd rounder. That will be a high pick.

As you know guys, I think we are going to pick in the low 20's or 31st or 32nd pick if we go to the super bowl. So, our draft picks in each round of the draft next year will be real low.

If we can get a trade done with the Saints for Keith Davis during the year, after Pat Watkins gets some experience, etc, and get their 2nd or 3rd round pick, that will really help us.

Darren Woodson as all you Cowboy fans all know our great safety for cowboys, said he sees Saints with worst record this year in NFL. Woodson is pretty knowledgeable.
    not to be a jerk, but if we hda the 31st or 32nd pick next year, how would having a 2nd or 3rd rounder really help us a lot?

and Keith Davis wouldn't get us a 2nd or 3rd rounder.. and we need him on our squad this year, even if Watkins is the starting FS.. he is a valuable special teams player and he is the only proven FS we have if we let Coleman go..

Ok, if we do somehow get the Saints to trade with us, for their 2nd or 3rd rounder for Keith Davis (remember now, they offered him alot of money and we matched it). Sean Payton knows Davis and wants him for his secondary.

Personally I dont know why because to me he cant cover.

But, if you can get that 2nd or 3rd rounder, what it means is this.
    Say we pick 31st or 32nd next year. If Saints do have the worst record this year, then their 2nd round pick would be the 33rd pick. Thats almost like a low first rounder.

Same thing if its for the 3rd rounder, it would be the 65th pick or so, since their are 32 picks in each round.

So, with the Saints high pick, you can trade up high into the first round and get an impact player, say a top notch QB or top notch WR, etc.