1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Midseason Awards

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    MVP, Offensive Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

Statistics:

20 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 2,372 passing yards,
    71.5 completion percentage, 9.93 yards per completion, 125.7 QB rating.

Easy choice. Aaron Rodgers is having a historically great season. If he keeps this up it could go down as the greatest regular season ever for an NFL quarterback. It is scary how good he is playing. You know what's even scarier? His best has yet to come.

Defensive Player of the Year: DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys

Statistics:

12 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 31 tackles.

Ware is having the best season of his career. In just 7 games this season Ware has 12 sacks and is on pace to not only break Michael Strahan's sack record of 22, but easily pass it. Ware also has two forced fumbles and 31 tackles.

Offensive Rookie Of The Year: Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers

Statistics:

11 touchdowns, 9 interceptions, 2,393 passing yards,
    60.6 completion percentage, 8.34 yards per completion, 87.1 QB rating
    319 rush yards, 5.1 yards per rush, 7 rushing touchdowns

Another easy choice. Nearly 3,000 passing yards for a rookie is incredible. 16 total touchdowns, 11 passing and 5 rushing. He does need to protect the ball better, but he's a rookie and he will get better no doubt about it.

Defensive Rookie Of The Year: Aldon Smith, San Francisco 49ers

Statistics:*

6.5 sacks, 13 tackles, 1 forced fumble

Not many people are talking about this guy but he has a great season up to this point. 6.5 sacks, he's been the 2nd best player on the 49ers defense behind only Willis.

Coach of the Year: Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers

Another easy choice. This guy has done a spectacular job. He's taken the 49ers from being a bad 6-10 team last year to being one of the top teams in the NFL this year. He's help make Alex Smith who many saw as a draft bust into a legit starting QB.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,447 Messages
    8,335 Likes Received
    I got my draft mojo a little shaken up right now. I didn't like Newton or Smith in the draft.
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,337 Messages
    957 Likes Received
    I like the list.

I know it won't be the fans choice, or the sexy one or whatever, but Coach of the Year for me is Mike McCarthy.

I know he's got a great team, and all the jazz about that, but to me its very impressive to get a team who just won a Superbowl to stay hungry, and focused, and not have any let downs. To have them undefeated at midseason is pretty special.
  4. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,107 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    How come Andy Dalton doesn't get any recognition for rookie of the year. Sure he is not putting up the stats Newton is, but his team is winning.
  5. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,623 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    He has a better defense than Cam does. He also has played tougher teams than Cam does. With a defense, the Panthers could be undefeated or have at least one or two losses.