1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: NFL Network: Austin out remainder of pre-season

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Canadian BoyzFan, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Team is hopeful he is ready for the opener.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ustin-not-expected-back-at-practice-this-week

Miles Austin not expected back at practice this week By Brian McIntyre

The Dallas Cowboys were without 19 players, including a lengthy list of starters, for Saturday's preseason game against the San Diego Chargers, but Calvin Watkins of ESPN Dallas reports that several starters are expected to return to practice this week.

Wide receiver Miles Austin, however, still is battling a hamstring injury and owner Jerry Jones does not expect him to be among the group that includes defenders Jay Ratliff and Anthony Spencer returning to practice this week.

"He's not one of the ones I'm thinking will be back," Jones said, according to the team's official website. "I wouldn't discount it, but he's not one of the ones that I have coming back."
  2. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,748 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    I am getting real tired of Miles and his hamstring problems,its almost every season he has had a problem with them.
  3. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,815 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    So what's the asking price for Mike Wallace? :p:
  4. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,439 Messages
    410 Likes Received
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,453 Messages
    1,648 Likes Received
    Lol how did this turn into a month injury? Wow
  6. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    Probably made the hamstring worse diving into his money vault.
  7. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,284 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Bc when it's anything less w Austin it turns out to a full year injury.

He will be ready come sept 5
  8. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

591 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Had enough myself. Time to ship him out of here. What good is he if he only plays a few games a year.
  9. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just Wow.....

Come on Austin......you have to get over these nagging hamstring injuries ......
  10. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,728 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Last year the excuse he was out of shape. Whats the excuse this year. Hasnt done much since he got his money. JS.
  11. DanManJ

DanManJ Active Member

265 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Ya you know I have been a big supporter of Austin and want him to do so well for us but this is getting ridiculous. I am starting to wonder if this is something he is ever going to shake. I do not usually get frustrated with players but even I have to admit that this Miles Austin hamstring thing is really starting to get to me.

P.S. Also you just know that this is gonna be a nagging year long injury. I guarantee that he plays 8 games this year if hes lucky.
  12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,882 Messages
    1,199 Likes Received
    lol... originally they said it was a hamstring "tweak" and was no big deal. Now he is out for the whole preseason? I like Miles but man he cannot be trusted. At least we will get to see a lot more of the rookies. Hopefully Beasley, and Harris will make the team. I like both of them a lot.
  13. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,731 Messages
    826 Likes Received
    He'll play Sept 5th how ready he'll be remains to be seen.
  14. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,223 Messages
    418 Likes Received
    signing Austin to a long term deal was a big mistake and a waste of money......especially after how he said he wasn't ready for camp last year, that's not a leader for younger receivers!! the guy is paid to be a number one and can't stay healthy...
  15. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,293 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    If I'm Jerry Jones, OC and Miles replacement is at the top of my to do list. This crap is getting old.
  16. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    Careful, I said I see us going for a receiver high in next years draft and was told I was crazy.
  17. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,437 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    Really pathetic on Miles' part.
  18. DaBoyz73

DaBoyz73 Member

410 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It makes you wonder if it was ALL WORTH IT? The 10 million fine we received and pay Miles for what? Just saying.......
  19. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,293 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    This would certainly be an instance where you and I are on the same page. I like Austin, I really do, but this is getting old. WAY OLD.
  20. weaver21

weaver21 Member

627 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I thought this hamstring was injury was a "tweak"? How the hell is he now missing the entire pre-season? Either Miles has no idea how to stay football shape or the coaching staff is REALLY, REALLY taking a pre-caution on him.