1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Network... Poor game experience

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Scotman, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Scotman

Scotman Member

861 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Is it just me, or was that one of the worst announced games ever? Dick couldn't talk and finally gave up. Couldn't hear Faulk when he came in. Plus, what is up with trying to pan the dadgum camera around before each play? Just show me how they are lining up and let me watch the game. All the networks are doing that now. Drives me nuts.

The oly thing that saved it from misery was....

WE WON!!!!!! So, all's well that ends well.
  2. smarta5150

smarta5150 Mr. Wright

7,161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They have all been terrible.

I just throw it on mute and listen to the radio or something.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    Every NFL Network game has been terrible. Their announcers are the worst. Gumbal especially is just horrible.
  4. Kevlee06

Kevlee06 New Member

470 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gumble is horrible and they should tell everyone to stop calling out the penalties. Let the refs tell us!
  5. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,186 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    It was nice to hear from Gumbel that Romo just barely beat the "shot clock".
  6. McCordsville Cowboy

McCordsville Cowboy Pro-Quinn

4,315 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Horrible!!!! That shot clock reference made me shart myself!!
  7. JWitten

JWitten Member

73 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Over and over and over again. Gumbel needs to go, Sanders didn't to too bad for the call from the bull pen but Faulk and the rest were just horrible. Almost like a train wreck you can't help but look!
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,260 Messages
    4,584 Likes Received
    Terrible.

Even not having their ducks in a row because someone had to know that Collinsworth would not be there and Vermeil having laryngitis.

Terrible.
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,598 Messages
    2,474 Likes Received
    Gumble is terrible. Vermeil was unable to perform but normally is very good.

I thought Sanders did a tremendous job especially once you consider that he had no preperation.
  10. LowTech

LowTech the most important member

1,800 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The NFL network does need to work on its broadcast. To put it mildly, it sucks.
  11. Darkhound

Darkhound Member

477 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Those people in the NFL network are not profesionall commentators.
  12. RedLine

RedLine Member

849 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Gumble is awful, but I thought Deion did a pretty good job.

The only good thing about the NFL Network is that they do not kill you with tons of commercials.
  13. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,044 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I rather enjoyed it. Better than many booth crews on the various networks.
  14. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Compared to Gumbel, I thought Vermeil sounded great.
  15. JJHLH1

JJHLH1 Active Member

261 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    The league should be embarrassed with the production of their NFL Network games. Bryant Gumble is a horrible announcer. His voice is too high and his comments are frequently wrong. The halftime show was shown in standard definition, not HD.

At one point the were showing Barber's stats and instead of having Barber's small image next to the stats, they had T.O.'s. Inexcusable. My friend and I had a good laugh at that.

The only thing that was done well, production wise, were the blimp shots.
  16. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,740 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    I watched at a friends house, and was not impressed what so ever. And we espect Time Warner to bow done to them.

This was a terrible watching experience.
  17. EastDallasCowboy

EastDallasCowboy New Member

940 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This was my first experience with NFLN.

I liked Vermeil's insight, but with his voice tonight....can't they get a sub for him?

Gumble was terrible.

Honestly, it was pretty poor.

I really wish we could get the graphics and professionalism of Fox plus the great fantasy and stat/score tickers of CBS minus the stupid Fox dancing robot. Oh, and get rid of Siragusa.
  18. Kaika

Kaika Have a Good Day Pilgrims

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I watched it on Sopcast with the sound off and Watched 'It's a wonderful Life " with the wife.

And every now and then I checked with the forum for the things I may have missed.

All in all, A good Night.
  19. rexrobinson

rexrobinson Active Member

1,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yep...is that the type of production they expect cable companies to pay 150 million smakaroos for? ROFL

NFL if your going to completly screw your fan base to make more money at least put out a product worthty of being in the top 5 most expensive channels.
  20. playit12

playit12 New Member

795 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I guess I'm in the minority here, but here is what I posted on another board...

I’d still like to hear Dick do some color commentary with a voice, but I have to say that the second half of this game was some of the best commentary I’ve heard all year.

We heard accurate descriptions of routes (Look route for instance) instead of ‘quick pass to the reciever’ and we heard real descriptions of progressions. Any other team this year would have spent 5 minutes bashing Vick for missing Crumpler on the 4th and 1 play. But Deion and Faulk correctly pointed out that the flow was away from AC and he really had no chance to make that play.

Also nice, TO drops one pass this game. Any other crew spends 10 minutes talking about his dropped passes being the story of the season. Mostly because they have a taped up intro of previous drops that have hurt them this season. But it certainly wasn’t the story in this game and it wouldn’t have added to the coverage. They guys gave it one stat line and moved on. Really, an all around good call on the game.

As for what was said here...

Yes Gumbell (sp?) has a bad voice, but I can deal with a bad voice if the end result is intelligent conversation. I can also excuse occasional errors on field details. It's nice if they correct it after the fact. When is the last time the Sunday night crew actually got a down and distance right?

Faulk was a little hard to hear at time, and Dick V needs to stop addressing his comments to Marshall. Deion shows a little bias at times, especially on Vick this game. However the end result tonight was 3 guys that actually knew something about the game and answered intelligently on comments. They understood routes, blocking assignments, coverages, penalties, and strategy. Even with their problems, I think the crew tonight was the best crew outside of the Excellent #1 Fox Crew of Buck and Aikman.