1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NFL Network's Top 10 Rivalries

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by links18, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,392 Messages
    1,250 Likes Received
    For right now - I agree - but that too is dying a slow death. The best rivalry the past 10 years in my important opinion has been the Colts/Patriots. Brady/Manning wars were epic.....

;)
  2. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

4,636 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Raiders/Steelers in the 1970s was pretty darn good too.

I hate Washington more than any other team, period! So, for me, Cowboys/Redskins is #1 to me
    :starspin
  3. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Yes, it sure was.

Right there with ya.
  4. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The cowboys redskins rivalry has been dead for quite some time

for the fans it might be a rivalry but these two teams are usually fighting for 3rd or 4th place in the division so who really cares?

if the two teams were fighting for playoff position then it would be bigger, but thank the skins for sucking it up year in and year out and the cowboys for being mediocre at best year in and year out
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,438 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    Not sure if serious or just clueless...If you really think the Cowboys have been one of the worst teams in the league the past decade, you have no clue how awful many of the teams have been.
  6. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Steelers v.s Ravens is the best rivalry right now.
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,767 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    We'll see if that's the case on Thanksgiving. Don't be surprised if the Redskins come into town with a chip on their shoulder for that game.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

18,998 Messages
    4,169 Likes Received
    I want the Redskins to make the Championship game. And I want the Cowboys to knock them off in that game. We owe them a few.
  9. Risen Star

18,998 Messages
    4,169 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have been one of the least successful teams over the last 15 years. Practically the entire NFC has played in a Championship game over that time.

Clueless would be to believe we haven't been an irrelevant also ran over that time. The same applies to the Redskins. Even moreso than the Cowboys. They've gone 20 years.
  10. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    both teams will come with a chip on their shoulder

but its like the browns/bengals rivalry

what are they really fighting for? 3rd in the division?
  11. Risen Star

18,998 Messages
    4,169 Likes Received
    Right. At best you'll have 4-6 vs. 5-5. And that's one of the better matchups in the series lately.
  12. links18

8,767 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    Isn't this the definition of a rivalry, both teams give their all to beat the team they just can't stand regardless of the records? I think in DC, Redskins' fans still hate the Cowboys with a passion. Their poor record the last two decades only makes our games that much more meaningful for them. Its their Super Bowl when they play us, regardless of record.
  13. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

It wouldn't suprise me in the least. The Redskins will always be at the top of my most hated list. Over the past half-dozen seasons or so, it seems the rivalry has meant more to Redskin fans, though. Most likely having to do with the Redskins not having played many games of great significance over that span.
  14. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    if so, this is a sad rivalry then....very sad
  15. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think I'd go with bears/packers just because they've played each othwr the longest and have the most meeting between 2 teams.
  16. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Without looking at it through homer lenses, this is probably accurate.
  17. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,190 Messages
    823 Likes Received
    :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

:skins:

Having grown up in Skins territory I can say w/o hesitation that that whole Beltway area still thinks this is a huge deal. They are obsessed with the Cowboys. They think about beating the Boys 365 days a year. Nothing is more important to them.

Those DC fans would love nothing more than to beat us in Dallas on Thanksgiving.

And the very thought of the whole DC metropolitan area being totally depressed at 8 pm Thanksgiving night after losing to the Cowboys just warms the cockles of my heart and puts a smile on my face!
  18. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Yes, ALL the fans, young and old in the DC area are still obsessed with the Cowboys/Redskins rivalry. As far as Cowboys fans, for the most part, it's only us old school guys who still think of it as a huge rivalry.
  19. links18

8,767 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    Then it is up to us old farts to educate the young ones about how important it is to beat the snot out of the Redskins. :laugh2:

:skins:
  20. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,190 Messages
    823 Likes Received
    For me there is nothing better than beating the Skins. Its on par with winning a SB!