1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: NFL Players' Association Salary Cap Report - $1,280,694.00 (as of 02/11/14)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Wulfman, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Just ran across this, and it will answer the question "how much cap space do we have" automatically without us having to look all over creation or count on our toes. It's from the NFL Players' Association Site, and is updated four times each day. Check it out!

https://nflplayers.com/reports/RunPu...x?report=top51

If this info is posted elsewhere, please delete the thread. If it's not, folks may want to sticky it, or at least bookmark it for yourselves.

Cheers!
    jobberone likes this.
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,798 Messages
    1,601 Likes Received
    Theo posted it a while ago but not many replied to it.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,319 Messages
    3,185 Likes Received
    The actual link to get to that report is this: https://nflplayers.com/cap

Clicking the link in the OP took me to the home page only.

It's a good find, and I actually didn't see theo's thread, so thanks for the repost, wulf.
  4. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Weird. That link worked when I originally posted it. Perhaps it was specific to that particular report at that time and went dead when the 4 p.m. report posted. Thanks for the correction!
  5. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Formerly joshjwc9 Zone Supporter

1,590 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    How do the Browns have a lower actual cap than we do? Even with the penalties the Redskins and we both having a currently higher total cap number than they do..
  6. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    My guess without actually seeing their figures is that they have more dead money counting against them than we do.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,161 Messages
    2,751 Likes Received
  8. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,086 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    How does Philly have that kinda cap room? It feels like after they signed all those players to big contracts they were able to get out of them pretty easily. That's pretty good. Also I thought Dallas was closer to 12-14 mil under the cap now. I thought I read that somewhere. Hmm guess I was wrong. Anyways good thing they get the 5 million back and are under the cap it will help to sign Lee and Dez and hopefully next year they will be able to unload a few contracts and not have to pay Spencer 10 mil they will be in decent cap shape moving forward. It sucks that with guys like Rat Ware Witten Miles Spencer Romo and all the other guys Dallas has paid over the last 7 years haven't been able to bring home a title.
  9. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,585 Messages
    3,462 Likes Received
    I don't know how Philly seems to do that every year for the last decade.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,766 Messages
    3,753 Likes Received
    It'd be interesting to add a column for the number of player contract years that are covered by the current deals.
  11. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,366 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Will be of interest to see how the New England cap will change.
  12. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,134 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    Because they sign players that actually play for them. Very little dead money like we had with Barber, Roy, TO, etc. They also don't have big money tied into players like Ratliff, James, Spears, Newman, Davis, Gurode, Olshansky, etc.
  13. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,194 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    They have to take a cap hit of 5m this year and 7.5m next year for cutting Hernandez. His cap was 4m for 2013 and 4.1m in 2014, so it's not a big difference this year, but he needs to be replaced as well.
    dogberry likes this.
  14. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,000 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    Obviously this number (available caps space) has gone up with the release of Vickers.
  15. WoodysGirl

64,319 Messages
    3,185 Likes Received
    The link to generate a new report is in post #3. You and the other staff members can run it at anytime and then update the thread title, as much as you want. ;)
    jobberone likes this.
  16. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,000 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received

Okeydokey!

Thanks!
    jobberone and WoodysGirl like this.
  17. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,048 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Where else could 1632 people split $3,813,698,245.00
  18. WoodysGirl

64,319 Messages
    3,185 Likes Received
  19. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,701 Messages
    405 Likes Received
    Currently says we're about 8.93 million under. I assume we'll carry forward a big chunk of that so we can be very active in free agency next year.

We only had the $10 million penalty for 2013, right? So no penalty next year?
  20. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,604 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    Not until they make up something else to penalize us for.